A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Jims5543

Eminent Domain in use.  New highway going in, houses purchased and town down. The last few are being torn down.

This was was an odd ball, everything around it is gone and this one is untouched. Figured out why.

This is on the back of a land surveyors truck, my friend sent it to me. I told him I think the surveyor should be closer to the ape.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Jims5543

I am a self loathing land surveyor, I hate land surveyors 90% of them think they are better than everyone else.  Ever been to a continuing education class for land surveyors? An entire room of the best land surveyors known to man.

I am not the best, I am constantly learning and constantly trying to be better, maybe by the time I die I will consider myself good.

To sit in a room with these assholes is maddening. That guys sticker is the epitome of the mindset of a typical land surveyor.

/rant
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I have been to one of those classes!  I still remember how much the instructor was into himself lol.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on March 16, 2016, 12:23:44 PM
I have been to one of those classes!  I still remember how much the instructor was into himself lol.

My point exactly, the entire room is full of them. I am now working for a Pool company, in many cases I get a copy of a competitors survey that was used to permit the pool with the task of locating the form boards to make sure everything jives. So many of these supreme surveyors turn out fantastic looking surveys, that are complete works of fiction. Nothing they say they found or set is there and in some cases I am only months behind them.

I dropped the E30 off for an alignment yesterday, this was parked out front.

Customers house, I knocked on the door really hard.

Jims5543

About a year ago I impulse purchased a $60 pancake compressor from Harbor Freight, I had moved my compressor (a POS Wal - Mart one) 8 years ago to the shop space and wanted something at the house.

It crapped the bed as I expected it would, so this time I decided to do some research and get a quieter and better quality one.

It did not come with oil so I have to pick some up today and finally try it out this evening after work.

We are in a cold snap here in Florida, I saw this guy out in the field sunning himself, he would not move, I poked him with my shovel and he just turned a little. I guess he was about as happy as I was about this late season cold.

Mudhen

Nice looking compressor!  Mine crapped out too.  Blew a connecting rod - my second time in about 7-8 years having to rebuild it.  New pistons/rods and good to go.

Thinking about an upgrade as well.   ::)

94touring

My favorite tool at the shop is my ginormous air compressor.  Sometimes I just stand and look at it.  ;D

MiniDave

Black snakes are beneficial - they eat rodents so let him be if you can.......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Quote from: MiniDave on March 22, 2016, 11:01:21 AM

I leave all snakes alone. Even the poisonous ones, which I rarely see. Did you know a vast majority of poisonous snake bites occur because the human is messing with the snake?

If I encounter one, I find another way around, that snake wants less to do with me than I do with it. We both just want to go our own ways.

It is startling when you almost step on a non poisonous one though, you think "damn, that could have been bad for me, glad it was a rat snake."

That pancake compressor sucked balls, it could not even keep up to inflate a bike tire.

It would fall behind when I used my trim nailer.  It sucked. I am looking forward to putting this one through some paces, I have lots of projects coming up in and outside the garage.

John Gervais

Quote from: Jims5543 on March 22, 2016, 01:07:31 PM
Quote from: MiniDave on March 22, 2016, 11:01:21 AM

I leave all snakes alone. Even the poisonous ones, which I rarely see. Did you know a vast majority of poisonous snake bites occur because the human is messing with the snake?

If I encounter one, I find another way around, that snake wants less to do with me than I do with it. We both just want to go our own ways.

It is startling when you almost step on a non poisonous one though, you think "damn, that could have been bad for me, glad it was a rat snake."

That pancake compressor sucked balls, it could not even keep up to inflate a bike tire.

It would fall behind when I used my trim nailer.  It sucked. I am looking forward to putting this one through some paces, I have lots of projects coming up in and outside the garage.

I read that as 'nail trimmer' and thought, cool - a pneumatic nail trimmer. 

77.gif

Only the garter snake (certain ones from Oregon apparently) and the keelback snakes are poisonous from storing toxins from their diets of toads and newts, which are harmful/dangerous if ingested.  The others are venomous, meaning that the venom must be injected, though there are a couple of exceptions.  You could theoretically drink snake venom, but don't - a small laceration, cut, sore or abrasion in the mouth, throat, digestive tract etc. could be fatal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venomous_snake
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Pic from Ft. Myers Florida last weekend. Across the street is the Edison theater, now a law office.  I love that E30, it has been such a great car to us.

Did you know Thomas Edison and Henry Ford both had winter homes there, next door to each other?  Harvey Firestone used to visit there a lot and the 3 of them spent a lot of time together.

That was part of our decision to spend a weekend there and explore. I took some cool pics, I will have to spend a minute and get them uploaded when I have time.

jedduh01

Nice Compressor upgrade!  I have nearly the "same" thing -- Kobalt  From (lowes) but same capacity - Same compress unit + Same drive unit ... probably in time came off the same assembly lines....

Anyhow - It works great - Has PLENTY Of volume and  your air tool's will grow!

I suggest-  before going full bore --  replace the bottom petcok (probably a small - wing type screw in jobbie - and upgrade to a
90' Angle fitting- to a small pipe- to a ball valve...

WIth Florida - and myself in NC - Humidity will make MOISTURE In the tank.  With enough use - I have had moisture enter the hose. I now also added a Moisture trap on the outlet too of my unit.

Crack the ball valve every once in a while blow out the water /moisture  - more frequently after much use- you will be amazed with the water that comes out.

Mudhen

Moisture trap on the outlet of your unit?

Depends.

jeff10049

jedduh01

Quote from: Mudhen on March 23, 2016, 09:17:08 AM

Depends.

If you don't trap some moisture you can get into a WORLD of trouble .... I'm 6 months into Trouble now -17 yrs 6 Months to go to rid of that Moisture loss!

Mudhen

Quote from: jedduh01 on March 24, 2016, 04:22:20 AM
Quote from: Mudhen on March 23, 2016, 09:17:08 AM

Depends.

If you don't trap some moisture you can get into a WORLD of trouble .... I'm 6 months into Trouble now -17 yrs 6 Months to go to rid of that Moisture loss!

22.gif   4.gif

94touring

Dmulder

Parts parts. I have been waiting like a kid for Christmas. I'm ordering more later today. I'm excited for no tire run and two functioning headlamps. Although I think I managed to order the single bulb headlamps instead of the dual (pilot)bulb headlamps.
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

Dmulder

My throttle cable broke. This is how I made it the rest of the way to church and how I will get home tonight. Another fun project.

Dmulder

94touring

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Lol! Way to fight through a problem.

Um.... your setbelt is hanging out too....