A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff10049

Haha yes I have a printer that I have been threatening to office space for a while now. I bought a new brother laser for the business and the time is near for the HP POS. 
Did I say that I fukin hate hate hate that HP pos worst money I ever spent been better to throw it out the window fukin pos thing never again.

The Brother is excellent.

Jeff

MiniDave

I bought my first HP to replace a Canon that would run out of ink on the first page you printed with it......it was fantastic, the ink seemed to last for freakin evar. But the wife wanted one she could print to from her laptop, so we replaced it with a wireless HP......

The wireless HP has been a disaster.....you put fresh ink in and by the time you print the alignment sheet, half the ink is gone!

Here's the weird part, when you copy something it prints perfectly - you print a page of text and it barely shows.....I hate it.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

Yep just like you I had a good one before and so I got another. But they have gone to shit the worst part is when the ink is out it wont even let you send a fax or scan something.  The new brother is just a printer, I got a stand alone fax and scanner. And will buy a color brother next for when we need color documents.

Hp will never ever see another dime from me thats how pissed I am about that old machine its was not super expensive maybe a 1,000.00, but I would have rather paid  for a punch in the face that thing has been the biggest piece of shit ever. 5 customers standing in line go to print a invoice and the pos says checking device this may take 20 min. WTF im working here just effin print it. Then after it dose that shit goes right straight to cleaning print head fu clean it later im workin here I got shit to do.  NO way to set services to 2:00 am or something where I would not care nope just gonna do it at the worst time.
I was thinking of sending it to hp with a piece of dog shit in the box and asking if they could tell the difference? because I can't. They're both a piece of shit and neither one works as a printer.

Jeff

jeff10049

Did I say I hate that HP printer. I found myself printing invoices on the old okidata dot pin printer a lot because it worked always no matter what.  In keeping with the idea of this thread I will post a pic or video of the end of the hp.
(edit) gotta ad the pos randomly switched paper trays for no reason and printed invoices on company checks or checks on plain paper. pos
Jeff
BTW I hate the hp

MPlayle

So, ...

Tell us how you "REALLY" feel about HP!

;D

Lol.  (I couldn't resist.)

Mudhen

I used to work for them...the company I was working for outsourced my role to them.  Frickin' disaster.  I left as soon as I could.

The outsourcing lasted for about 2 years...the company insourced it back it was such a mess.   ::)

Jims5543

New machine we delivered this week. Okidata ES8473.

It is nice to have a new printer / copier again. That old one was over 10 years old and it was no longer compatible with our computers.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

Remember when they said computers would reduce the amount of paper we use?

:) :) :)
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

It did for me.  Especially once I re-invented my company during the housing crash.  I went from running 5 copies of every survey then having someone get in a car and drive a loop around town to deliver the surveys to the clients to now clicking a few buttons and emailing the survey to the same clients, they then print out what they need. I am willing to bet they no longer NEED 5 copies but would take 5 when I was printing them.

The county I am in no longer wants paper copies of the survey and prefers it emailed to them for inspections. Sadly the county to the north is still in the 80's and wants hand delivered copies. But they suck and that is an entire different thread.

I used to run a ream of legal a day, now a ream lasts me over a month maybe months. I use more letter size now and even then maybe a ream a month?

PDF and the ability to lock and sign them has been a huge game changer for me.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Swung through a scrap yard yesterday on a search for seats. My son is looking for new front seats for his E30 and I happened to be working right near a Junkyards so I walked it real quick.

Saw this.

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on January 01, 2016, 01:49:11 PM
Quote from: Jims5543 on December 30, 2015, 02:07:10 PM
Almost 300K copies run through this bad boy, in the hey day we loaded a ream of legal paper every day into it and it would run for 45 minutes making copies to be delivered to clients.

Part of my year end, hide money from Obama, plan was to get a new machine. I handed over the check to the copy machine company today.  Now, what to do with this one? Donate it to a charity?

Is it worth it, dumpster?  Copy Machine place says they do not want it but will pick up and deliver to charity if I find one.

Not sure what to do, it works perfectly but I can tell it is on its way out. Probably scrap it.

Craigslist here I came.

https://youtu.be/N9wsjroVlu8

94touring

Yo Jim see if you can snag the twin carbs and manifold off that thing...

Willie_B

That is an MGB so it has the larger engine, the manifold probably not work. Besides the angle would be wrong. Are you looking for a set of duals Dan? I have some.

94touring

I'm always looking for duals.  Just something junky that needs rebuilt. 

94touring

Saw this and all I could think of was finally a door I can fit my head through. 

94touring

Snapped a pic of St Elmos fire on my windscreen. 

94touring

I just kept snapping pics till I finally caught one.  They flash quick! 

94touring

My 82 year old grandmother shooting guns today.

Merlin

Took my muminlaw up for lunch today.  got bored and told her to take the wheel for a while.

"heres your birthday present, now fly me around"
Engineering the Impossible

tsumini

Quote from: 94touring on January 15, 2016, 06:14:36 PM
Saw this and all I could think of was finally a door I can fit my head through.
But a women's wheelchair won't fit thru the door. LOL

Shrimps

I thought this pic was worthy of me making my first post in this thread.

It was in the road at the top of an overpass over some railroad tracks.  I told myself it couldn't have been what I thought it was so I had to go back by again.  It was what I thought it was.

94touring

Jims5543

LOL!!!  I need to tell the Herman story sometime.  There was one of those on the side of I95 in West Palm Beach when I was staking for widening. The stories are disturbing and entertaining.

I texted this pic to my wife, it worked.   ;D

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on January 16, 2016, 11:15:41 AM
My 82 year old grandmother shooting guns today.

That's awesome!!  Go grandma!!  Were you in NC?

Quote from: 94touring on January 15, 2016, 10:24:58 PM
I just kept snapping pics till I finally caught one.  They flash quick!

Here I thought it was just a 80's movie with Emilio in it. so this is lightning running across your plane?  Like you are in a super hero plane or something?

Just did some quick reading. Very cool phenomenon.