A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Resized for me like it's setup to do.  Not sure why it didn't for you. 

94touring

Well didn't autosize for me either.  I dunno.  Here it is sized by my phone app. 

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Pic of our new Countryman Park Lane.

I like it more than I thought I would - probably wouldn't buy one for myself but as a family car I really like it.  Must be getting old.   ::)

jeff10049

love the colors nice car what year?. The awd and traction control are bad ass in the snow we been relying on ours for the last month. Also the traction control has three modes if you didn't already know.

The 04 mini is just a bump in the snow for a while, the contryman has no trouble with a foot of snow. we have about four feet now and I have only had the road to the house and driveway plowed once.

Jeff

jeff10049

MtyMous

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 24, 2015, 07:51:20 AM
Quote from: MtyMous on December 23, 2015, 05:53:26 PM

Giantasspicture.jpg

My view. Supposed to be 85° for Christmas.

Where you be at?

Hahaha. Sorry. I totally missed this and the hilarious image title. I was at my parents' place in the Orlando, FL area. It was really nice all week. Got a lot done around their house doing some updates, and had a blast with the family. Good times by the pool smokin' cigars.

Jims5543

Quote from: MtyMous on December 26, 2015, 08:53:01 PM
Quote from: Jims5543 on December 24, 2015, 07:51:20 AM
Quote from: MtyMous on December 23, 2015, 05:53:26 PM

Giantasspicture.jpg

My view. Supposed to be 85° for Christmas.

Where you be at?

Hahaha. Sorry. I totally missed this and the hilarious image title. I was at my parents' place in the Orlando, FL area. It was really nice all week. Got a lot done around their house doing some updates, and had a blast with the family. Good times by the pool smokin' cigars.

Yes it is stupid hot here this year. We spent a long weekend in St. Augustine  then drove all the way back, 200 plus miles all backroads today. What was supposed to be a 3 hour drive took about 6 but we stopped off a lot and it was 100X more fun that droning on the interstate.

I may start another thread if I have time.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

One of the things I really enjoyed about living in Sandy Eggo was the ability to do stuff year round, here in Kansas it's a different story....we've got a winter storm bearing down on us, we'll get rain, then ice over that then snow starting later tonight - I've got the MINI battery on the charger right now and I've got all the windshield washer bottles topped off.

Both gas tanks are full, the genset tank is full and it's battery is charged up too.

My neighbor bought a new snowblower last winter and hardly used it, so I don't have to worry about that as he's itching to get it out and use it!

You people who live where you can just take off on a weekend drive with no thought to weather are lucky, but you pay for it in other ways too - like humidity and heat in the summer, or high taxes and no water if you live in Ca.....still, I'd rather be in SD any day.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Mudhen

Quote from: jeff10049 on December 24, 2015, 07:17:53 PM
when are you rallycrossing it? 71.gif

4.gif

Sounds like the AWD system is pretty cool - mostly locked up at low speeds only releasing once you reach cruising altitudes?  Once my wife is done with it I hope to trash it.   77.gif

Do you have snow tires???

Merlin

Wife and I went for a little Christmas Eve cruise to make sure the skies were clear for the fat man.
Engineering the Impossible

94touring

Sweet!  Guess you got your biannual done. 

Speaking of flying.  My old boss where I instructed/assistant airport manager sent me photos of a crash that happened the other day.  They are alive... 

Merlin

94touring

Jims5543

My Buddy went down a couple of years ago, he was a passenger (He has his pilots and Heli license though) when this happened in a neighbors plane.

Something like that fucks with your head.

QuoteUpdate:  For the first time since "the accident", I took the Cessna out for a spin yesterday.  I'm not gonna tell you that the accident didn't affect me...  it did.  For a couple weeks after it happened, I had nightmares about plane crashes, car crashes, and furries.

Anyhow, I took the Cessna out yesterday and was admittedly a little apprehensive.   As I pointed it down the runway, I knew that the west end of the runway has no recovery area.  It is just trees.  Or to put it another way, you're fucked if the plane doesn't fly.

I gave it the gas, and all the way down the runway I was quietly saying, "please fly, oh god, please fly".

It flew.  I flew.

He is 2 years out from the accident now, on the first anniversary he had cake.

94touring

Jims5543

He sent this pic from Kuwait where he is right now.  He is a really fun guy, good friend, and his wife, Irish to the bone, immigrated here, she is a blast to drink with. Love her!!

Some of his work photos:

He explained to me how living in a oil country affords you, well, government payouts to the citizens of the country, many have no need to work, and if you do get a career, marry and have kids, it can be very lucrative. Porsches, Mercedes and BMW's are like Hondas there, they are tossed away like expendables.  Ferrari's, well, do all of the above and you can treat them like Honda's too. This one is parked on a construction site, he has shown me pics of others covered in dust with flat tires rotting into the ground.

Jims5543

One more cool pic:

Explanation of it:

QuoteDuring the war, the Iraqis used the helipad as a target to zero-in their mortars. What you see in the photo is a small mortar crater that has been filled with concrete, and you see also the shrapnel gouges radiating outward from the crater.

Jims5543

Thought Dan and other airport types might find this interesting.

Jims5543

Almost 300K copies run through this bad boy, in the hey day we loaded a ream of legal paper every day into it and it would run for 45 minutes making copies to be delivered to clients.

Part of my year end, hide money from Obama, plan was to get a new machine. I handed over the check to the copy machine company today.  Now, what to do with this one? Donate it to a charity?

Is it worth it, dumpster?  Copy Machine place says they do not want it but will pick up and deliver to charity if I find one.

Not sure what to do, it works perfectly but I can tell it is on its way out. Probably scrap it.

Craigslist here I came.

Jims5543

Slot cars meet modern technology. They are called Anki Overdrive and you control them with your cel phone.

I seemed to have lost control of myself and bought a retarded amount of track. We are having a ball...

Merlin

Mudhen

Quote from: No_Name_Here on December 31, 2015, 01:43:00 PM
Oh I so want.

X2!  I need that!

The last set we bought a couple years ago, the cars were so fragile (I think they must have been Italian) I broke one the first time I tried it out.  Was an expensive set, too....we never played it again.

We got the boys a pretty neat phone/app controlled car set this year. ..not only can you race, but they have sensors and guns, plus you can set one to be the computer and the thing will track the other car down to shoot it.  Fairly addictive.

Jims5543

That sounds just like this one. We have apps on the phones/ tablet and you can attack one another. Completely addictive.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 30, 2015, 02:07:10 PM
Almost 300K copies run through this bad boy, in the hey day we loaded a ream of legal paper every day into it and it would run for 45 minutes making copies to be delivered to clients.

Part of my year end, hide money from Obama, plan was to get a new machine. I handed over the check to the copy machine company today.  Now, what to do with this one? Donate it to a charity?

Is it worth it, dumpster?  Copy Machine place says they do not want it but will pick up and deliver to charity if I find one.

Not sure what to do, it works perfectly but I can tell it is on its way out. Probably scrap it.

Craigslist here I came.

https://youtu.be/N9wsjroVlu8