A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Jims5543

Thanks!! Yes, it is finally coming together, to not have a 100% functional kitchen for MONTHS has sucked.

I am still trying to figure out how to impact this asshole cabinet guy. Suing with a lawyers will just waste money, the only winner there is the lawyers.

I am thinking a You tube video.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Had to edit names and phone #'s...

Son texts me a poop emoji this afternoon, if he only knew the BS I am dealing with now.

I texted him back, cannot wait to GTF out of here and go play with him....

There was an airshow this past weekend, Sat and Sunday morning a sky writer put up something.

I stumbled across this picture, it is one of my favorite pics I have ever taken, it is my younger son when he was little at the beach near our house. I love living in paradise.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

A friend shared this with me, it makes me laugh every time I look at it.

94touring

Jims5543

We are in the final push to finish our end of the kitchen remodel.

We need to install the last of the reclaimed wood over the sink area.

We harvested, wire brushed, sanded and sealed the last of the pallet wood.

We picked the backsplash, but there is one more hurdle to clear...

Mrs5543 wants to remove all the wall outlets sans just one for the light above the sink. I found a really cool system that runs under the cabinets and gives you versatility. it is called a Lagrande Adorne under cabinet system.

This is what we are installing.

94touring

I have a freshly painted jet to fly today AND one with an ipad mount.  We finally go paperless this month. 

94touring

MiniDave

Can you surf the web with that while you're driving?   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on November 10, 2015, 07:16:00 AM
Our fuel truck got rear ended by the van.

Thank god you were not in a Micheal Bay movie.

94touring

Jims5543

Mudhen

Nice pig!

Because....racecar?

I especially like the bolts sticking through the floor.  I cut some thick aluminum plate to cover it.  And then my left foot knocked out one of the light green relays while I was at a stop light (and I broke the plastic base plate for the throttle-by-wire gas pedal, too - ugh).  $25 for the gas pedal plate, but need to address covering vital organs before rallying...   11.gif

Door panels come out next...but first a clutch and LSD. ::)

Jims5543

Yeah, it would probably be a good idea to cover up all the bits and pieces you can stomp on and break.

I though the Bini was your daily driver, no? Or are you daily driving your rally car?  If you are you attained badass status.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on November 13, 2015, 05:44:17 AM
Yeah, it would probably be a good idea to cover up all the bits and pieces you can stomp on and break.

I though the Bini was your daily driver, no? Or are you daily driving your rally car?  If you are you attained badass status.

It's my daily, although I work from home so really it just ferries kids around.  Been lucky having the '65 to use lately when it's broken, but the season is rapidly coming to a close.

Test driving a Countryman this morning - thinking we'll trade the wife's JCW on it so we have another year round car.  Then I can put the '05 up for the clutch, etc.  I know it will take me a long time to do myself and I'd like to try to run for points next year - gotta have it ready for the end of January!

You doing any more autocrosses this year?

Jims5543

The next 2 events are in a parking lot that throws your car in the air, while cool for the rally folks I am not a fan of the abuse on my street car.

I am trying to find an event just north of me, I cannot locate the club they run on a smoother surface.

This is the venue, I was in my RX7 back in the day.

Mudhen

I used to hate bumpy autocrosses - that looks pretty rough!

Cool video, though!

MPlayle

Also sounds like a lot of debris on the course.  Don't they sweep the course to clear debris prior to running cars?

Jims5543

While the course layout is very fast and fun, yes the up and down sucks and the debri sucks too. You can see yhe course is rubbered in and still full of gravel.

Meet Fred. Fred is a little over 1 years old. He is a terrier whippet mix.  He was found as a pup in Jamaica with one leg missing. Some asshole cut his leg off with a machete and left him for dead.

We had considered adopting him and we are fostering him for a week to see if he is a good fit for us. Sadly I do not think we can keep him, which is breaking our hearts. He has some bad habits, biggest is he marks his territory.... everywhere.. inside the house, on the back patio, everywhere he should not piss he pees.

We wanted to rescue an older dog (yes this one is young his back story broke our hearts) because we just do not have the time to spend training or getting rid of a terrible habit.

He also is very stubborn and does not respond at all to commands and will run off. He has already exploited weaknesses in my fence that I had to fix.  Once out it was very hard to get him back.

While we know we could correct all of these problems we just do not have the time right now.

We really want more of a Whippet breed mostly due to our experience with Dr. Gonzo (Mike my sons dog ) who we have been taking care of for about  a month now and will be giving back to Mike when he moves into his new place December 1st. Gonzo is awesome. Super easy and so loveable and obedient.

Fred.... Fred could be a great dog we just cannot invest the time right now. If he was not pissing all over the house we would keep him and work with him. We are keeping him another day or two but to br honest, it sucks having to keep an eye on him at all times or  crate him.

Fred and Gonzo really hit it off and are having a blast with each other.

I really hate to give him back. We are really torn right now. This marking the territory pissing just sucks. He should have been broken of this habit by now and we fear this may be unfixable.

Jims5543

Finally finished over the sink. Now onto moving the wiring for the 3rd time them getting the new outlets wired up, then the backsplash next weekend, then done!!!

94touring

94touring

MtyMous

HAHAHAHAHA. "Expert" brake service alright. I mean... you probably could stop a car with it. lol

MPlayle

Add to that: what Lexus uses a clutch?  Aren't they all automatics?