A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

I think I just discovered super secret nitrous tubes hidden inside my MINI...

94touring

Davisio

Ya. I know. But, different ones worked better? All I know is they don't  seem to drag anymore

94touring

Davisio

No.

And... in reviewing my invoice, it was just new pads. Not new calipers

94touring

Oh good.  That makes me feel better.   Odd either way.

MPlayle

94touring

Davisio

94touring

MPlayle

If I were literal minded, would that mean the heater is still packed with "mud" and not working?

::)

From the build thread I would assume otherwise.

Still looking for what is out there for options to consider.  This is one candidate.

94touring

De mudded and new end piping.  I think I was an idiot and had the heater valve closed. 

MPlayle

MiniDave

Quote from: Mudhen on October 30, 2015, 02:59:08 PM
I think I just discovered super secret nitrous tubes hidden inside my MINI...

Are those the seatbelt pre-tensioners?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MtyMous

Looks like a side air bad/curtain air bag inflator to me. Probably contains a compressed gas like Helium or Argon. The wire on the end if to trigger the controlled explosion and pump through the tube on the top.

MtyMous

I had a heck of a week. Lots of stuff going on. And Yesterday I had a 24 hour day. Near the end of that 24 hour day, I saw Jemal's reply to me on MM and I lost it. haha. Words might have been said, but I just don't care. I'm sick of smugness and mightier than thou mentality.

But the good news is that I got this sweet picture this week! Got the rare opportunity to snap a phew photos of the XB-70 outside on the one day it's been outside since it was delivered in 1969. Literally once in a lifetime. It's been in the restricted access hanger for years. I actually got to see it then as well, but this was a much bigger deal. Hope you like the photos. I took them at night.

Super high Res photos can be found https://www.flickr.com/photos/35552132@N08/albums/72157635231179779

94touring

Merlin

Effing sweet. I love the xb-70, and those shots you took are stellar. That and the x-15 have been on my list of planes to aee in person. As a kid i grew up on edwards afb and saw all sorts of cool shit. That was back in the days when the x-29 was ever popular and the f-22 was still a secret. Use to watch both of those fly.
Engineering the Impossible

MtyMous

Standing right behind it is an overwhelming experience. It's awe, and slight fear of the raw power. I can't imagine the feeling of full power on that monster.

Jims5543

Quote from: MtyMous on October 31, 2015, 02:44:48 PM
Standing right behind it is an overwhelming experience. It's awe, and slight fear of the raw power. I can't imagine the feeling of full power on that monster.

That is AMAZING!! Thank you so much for sharing. C an I share with an Aviation friend? He will geek out over those pics.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MPlayle

As others have said - simply amazing.  That plane and the SR-71 are my most favorite.  Those are indeed once in a lifetime pictures.  Thanks again for sharing.

MtyMous

You all can absolutely share with anyone you want. Go to the Flickr link I posted and you can see the in full resolution. The engine pic came out incredibly well I think.

jeff10049

Thanks for posting, what a cool thing to be part of the move next time im in ohio I'm going to the see it.

Jeff

Jims5543

My kitchen, after months, is finally coming to a completion.  That cabinet company really derailed the project. Now to slowly go through and fix all the mistakes, like cabinet doors 1/2" out of square.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring