A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Quote from: 94touring on October 29, 2015, 04:29:41 PM
Awesome looking time  4.gif

Side note: anyone read Jemels reply to my issue?

What I'm wondering is why you bother with this whole Boison thing over on MM in the first place....seems a total waste of time and energy......especially when this forum is really starting to come together.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Basically a public service announcement he's taking people's identities, which is kind of serious and invasive, especially if you're on the receiving end.  No more no less, aside from I'd like to contact him.  He's caused a big enough stir that people should be aware of activities like that.  He's the kind of guy that takes your debit pin and buys things for himself.  I'm not sure why he chose me, as I have never emailed, or gotten into nasty exchanges.  I primarily ignore him but bust MM chops for not doing anything about it.  I was actually disappointed Jemal wanted to stir the pot, cause all he does is piss me off with his attitude toward the whole thing.  There's a reason I posted it there and not here as well.       

94touring

Quote from: MPlayle on October 29, 2015, 07:52:19 PM
By the way, I'm starting to look seriously for another Mini if anyone knows of something interesting.

How much of a project are you looking for? 

MPlayle

Hopefully, not too much of a project.  I live in an apartment.  I do have a garage with the apartment, so can do maintenance things.  Even can sneak in mechanical "rebuild" type stuff, but no bodywork/paint type things.

What do you have in mind?

Jims5543

Quote from: MiniDave on October 29, 2015, 08:59:42 PM
Quote from: 94touring on October 29, 2015, 04:29:41 PM
Awesome looking time  4.gif

Side note: anyone read Jemels reply to my issue?

What I'm wondering is why you bother with this whole Boison thing over on MM in the first place....seems a total waste of time and energy......especially when this forum is really starting to come together.

What I am wondering is why your avatar is not changed.   ;D

I looked at MM Forum a long time ago I may even have a user name on there, I have no idea, I hate the format, if I want a 90's format I will go to Reddit or 4Chan, much more entertaining and at least there, you know everyone is a troll.

I did poke in there last night to see what Dan was on about, I already knew about it sort of.  I did see a banned member made a new user account and is posting there. On most forums that results in a IP ban or permaban as I like to call it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

LOL!! I just read that post Dan was referring to.
Wow!! Just wow!!

So now, if you dislike a troll, you are no PC and a racist?

MM cannot ban an IP because they are using 25 year old forum software and I do not think the ability was around back then. So Boison can keep making accounts over and over again and it seems he is now welcome there and all the mean, helpful people need to deal with it.

Welcome to Restoration Mini, where the forum software is up to date and it is Boison free.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Merlin

That whole site just dissapoints. A forum is a place where people of all backgrounds with a common interest come to further their knowledge of the intetest they share.

Derailing threads, being a fat liar, and not contributing positively makes you unwanted...these are not racially motivated.
Engineering the Impossible

MPlayle

Quote from: No_Name_Here on October 30, 2015, 06:10:04 AM
That whole site just dissapoints. A forum is a place where people of all backgrounds with a common interest come to further their knowledge of the intetest they share.

Derailing threads, being a fat liar, and not contributing positively makes you unwanted...these are not racially motivated.

"Ahmen" to that.  Also noted this morning that some on MM have made the same observation there.

Davisio

By the way, I'm starting to look seriously for another Mini if anyone knows of something interesting.

I'm starting to think about selling mine since I don't really have the opportunity to drive it these days...... Just fyi.

94touring

Quote from: Davisio on October 30, 2015, 06:53:22 AM

I'm starting to think about selling mine since I don't really have the opportunity to drive it these days...... Just fyi.

NO!

94touring

Quote from: MPlayle on October 30, 2015, 04:36:31 AM
Hopefully, not too much of a project.  I live in an apartment.  I do have a garage with the apartment, so can do maintenance things.  Even can sneak in mechanical "rebuild" type stuff, but no bodywork/paint type things.

What do you have in mind?

Yeah this needs body work, but easy body work.  It's been off the road a few years now, needs things hooked back up.  Probably not ideal for you.  Plus it's a 998 auto which may not be appealing. 

Davisio

Quote from: 94touring on October 30, 2015, 08:39:01 AM

NO!

Ya.... Tough decision. But I'm just not driving it. Wife won't let me take the little one out in it, for example. I think I've put 500 miles on it this year. The car doesn't deserve that treatment. It's too nice.

MiniDave

John McGee (McGee's Custom Minis) has a nice dark blue '71 1275 for sale on MM.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: Davisio on October 30, 2015, 09:49:40 AM

NO!

Ya.... Tough decision. But I'm just not driving it. Wife won't let me take the little one out in it, for example. I think I've put 500 miles on it this year. The car doesn't deserve that treatment. It's too nice.

Keep it.  You'll regret it later and end up spending a small fortune to get the same car later on.  Plus it's fun to have as eye candy and the once in a blue moon drive. 

Davisio

Quote from: 94touring on October 30, 2015, 10:22:45 AM
Quote from: Davisio on October 30, 2015, 09:49:40 AM

NO!

Keep it.  You'll regret it later and end up spending a small fortune to get the same car later on.  Plus it's fun to have as eye candy and the once in a blue moon drive.

How's about..... if someone came to my door with money and it happened to add up to the amount that I paid originally, I would probably take the money.

I love the car, don't misunderstand. And, I'm not going to sacrifice it for the sake of having money in my pocket. It runs really well. It looks fantastic!

That being said.... maybe I'll take it out this afternoon.... :)

94touring

You can sell it and make profit...ask me how I know.   ;D  Question is, will I get a cut  4.gif 77.gif

Davisio

Quote from: 94touring on October 30, 2015, 10:49:07 AM
You can sell it and make profit...ask me how I know.   ;D  Question is, will I get a cut  4.gif 77.gif

You would if you help in getting more money for it. :P

Of course...... you could buy it too.... ;):)

94touring

I'm at my quota for cars for the year lol.  Well, if you're really serious and need help selling I might help, as much as I really don't want you to sell it. 

MPlayle

No automatics.

I've seen John McGee's on MM and ebay.  It is tempting.

Preference is for a decent 1275.  Would consider a mildly tuned 998 (must be very highway capable).  Disk brakes in front (7.5" or 8.4") required.

From there, options are far more open.

94touring

Quote from: MPlayle on October 30, 2015, 11:43:32 AM
No automatics.

Preference is for a decent 1275.  Would consider a mildly tuned 998 (must be very highway capable).  Disk brakes in front (7.5" or 8.4") required.

Davisio I think I just made a sale. 

MPlayle

Not without details and pictures.    :-[

If there is an album somewhere to reference, that would be a different matter.   19.gif

Davisio

Quote from: MPlayle on October 30, 2015, 11:43:32 AM
No automatics.

http://www.restorationmini.com/forum/index.php?topic=474.375

Would entertain an offer.

MPlayle

I will review through that thread to familiarize myself with it again.  I remember following that thread and admiring the work, just not the details.

MPlayle

Went through the build thread.  A question about the couple of issues mentioned at the end of the thread : popping out of second, engine steady bolt(s) broken, front brakes dragging, bonnet hinges/alignment.  Have these been fixed?

Davisio

Engine steady was upgraded and replaced.
Brakes work well. Calipers replaced. Necessary adjustments performed.
Engine steady seems to have helped with the popping out of second. It hasn't happened in a while.
Alignment issue with bonnet still exists.