A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Mudhen

Added this puppy to my garage.

Furious with FedEx, though - if I never hear that name again it will be too soon.  Going to drive up to the terminal tonight and use the plasma to cut my name into the side of all the trucks!

Now I'm saying that it doesn't sound like such a good idea, though.   ::)

Jims5543

Man, a plasma cutter has to make fabrication a breeze.  Very nice addition to the shop.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Willie_B

MiniDave

Ha! That looks great! You've got a lot more headroom in your garage than I do......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniDave

It makes it so much easier to work on the side panels, rockers and such.

Really saves your back too......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Armycook

John Gervais

Quote from: 94touring on September 25, 2015, 05:33:03 PM
Now I want one!

Me too!  Dave's got one, don't know what brand it is or where to get it, Willie_B's got one from Snap On - the rest of us aren't getting any younger either!  (Wouldn't mind some of that chicken & tater dinner, either!)

Seriously though, what are these lifts called?  Not that it's in the budget, but is lust really a bad thing?

If I were to try to find one locally, used of course, what would I 'Google'?
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

automotive scissor lifts.....

New here in the states you can buy a Chinese one new for about $1500 plus shipping - which will be considerable as they weigh between 800-1000lbs. Or if you have a way to haul it yourself you can save that.

Mine is a "no name" - literally - It has no brand name anywhere on it, not in any of the paper work, owner's manual - nuttin. It still works fine tho, especially on these lightweight cars. I've had the wife's 4,000 lb Audi on it with no issues too. Mine is rated for 6,000lbs....and most of them seem to be this rating. I looked for mine for3 years, Willie B had much better luck!

Both Willie B and I found ours on Craigslist, a free "for sale" online thingy here in the states, I don't know if Craigslist is worldwide or not but I'm sure you have something like it.

Good hunting!

Edit: Just for fun I checked, and there is a Copenhagen version of Craigslist - but it must just be getting started as there wasn't much on it in any category.....so I guess you'll need to look for automotive machine suppliers and such. If there is a local Mini club or any car clubs, they may know of something for sale too.....or you could buy a new one and just have it delivered I guess......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Have you ever seen sea turtle eggs close up? We are experiencing higher than normal tides this weekend so some sea turtle egg nests are being washed out.

We were walking on the beach when we saw seagulls feasting on some exposed eggs. We dug a hole up tje beach  moved the eggs and covered them up. I hope they are far enough up now.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

John Gervais

Quote from: MiniDave on September 26, 2015, 08:54:46 AM

.....or you could buy a new one and just have it delivered I guess......

Yes, we've got something called Den Blå Avis - I'll check it out. 

In the meantime, I'll just covet and lust...
- Pave the Bay -

SoCalMiniFan

After a day of celebrations and loose libations I perused my phone today and found this from yesterday.

New Belgium Brewery is one of my go-to beers when I'm not feeling crafty enough to pick from the million local breweries in SD. They also host one of my favorite yearly events, Tour de Fat. If you haven't been it's a good time, if it comes to a city near you I'd suggest going. It's free, it's all day, there is a bicycle parade and carnival shows and music and of course Beer. I have a custom made by Tall bike I built specially for this event.
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

MPlayle

With the extent of the vines growing over front, it has been there a while.

MiniDave

International wagon, sure don't see those on the road anymore.......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Quote from: John Gervais on September 26, 2015, 02:24:54 PM
Quote from: MiniDave on September 26, 2015, 08:54:46 AM

.....or you could buy a new one and just have it delivered I guess......

Yes, we've got something called Den Blå Avis - I'll check it out. 

In the meantime, I'll just covet and lust...

I went to that site, they don't offer an English version so all I could do was look at the pics!    ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Quote from: SoCalMiniFan on September 27, 2015, 01:02:30 PM
After a day of celebrations and loose libations I perused my phone today and found this from yesterday.

New Belgium Brewery is one of my go-to beers when I'm not feeling crafty enough to pick from the million local breweries in SD. They also host one of my favorite yearly events, Tour de Fat. If you haven't been it's a good time, if it comes to a city near you I'd suggest going. It's free, it's all day, there is a bicycle parade and carnival shows and music and of course Beer. I have a custom made by Tall bike I built specially for this event.

Woo!! Fat Tire!! That was my go to brew whenever we were out west back in the old days. Of course, now you can get pretty much anything pretty much everywhere.

That looks like a fun time and I LOVE the price.  Also, I had no idea SD had a million breweries.  :D

Jims5543

Took Mrs.5543 and escaped over the weekend to celebrate our 26th year together. Damn, we are getting old we were babies when we got married though, statistically, we should be divorced.

Took some pics when we spent Saturday on the beach.

She decided to cool off in her own little hot tub, we could not go in the ocean, lifeguards orders, there were too many sharks in the water and we could see them feeding.

Willie_B

Just noticed this on the sidewall of the A-032R tires I have.

MiniDave

Engrish?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

The office today, which sucked.  Spent 2 hours hacking through the woods to mark a property, the only good thing was we never stirred up any wasps today.

This is why young bucks are good help they think this shit is fun.  I used to think so too, now I do everything to avoid this.

A couple of pics from last weekend I forgot were on Photobucket.

I surprised Mrs5543 with an oceanfront room.

Which offered to a spectacular view of the sunrise.

Also, if ever in Jupiter, Florida, hit up the Food Shack, it is a divey looking place in a strip shopping center. The food is just amazing, and try to sit at the bar, you get to watch the cooks work their magic.

94touring

I use to think cutting line was fun too.  Now I see those pics and think hell to the no.

Jims5543

Drove the Mini to work today, I am in the office today. She is running great, just need to find time to do the cooling system overhaul.  I might give it a shot this weekend.