A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I retract my statement about who's dumb enough to put sockets in upside-down.

94touring

MiniDave

You're gonna need some ball bearings.....

Guys, guys, it's all ball bearings today!

(Obscure movie quote #4558777)   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbWWxGmbS9s
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Mudhen

Quote from: MiniDave on September 04, 2015, 08:10:38 PM
You're gonna need some ball bearings.....

Guys, guys, it's all ball bearings today!

(Obscure movie quote #4558777)   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbWWxGmbS9s

I was going to vote this post up but apparently we lost those little things... :(

94touring

Yeah we did and I couldn't find the mod.  I wasn't sure anyone was using it anyways.  The karma button still works though. 

jeff10049

I think it's the bypass line.

MPlayle

94touring

Waiting for paint to dry on a boot lid.  Cleaned up my rides in the meantime.

Jims5543

Nice pair Dan...

Saw this somewhere online, thought I would share.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

It is 911 and the Chive is making it a Random Act of Kindness day, they are encouraging its members to go and do something nice be it coffee and donuts or whatever for first responders, since many gave their lives at the WTC.

https://websta.me/tag/RAK911

After discussing with wife and child last night we decided to give some gift certificates to some local restaurants..... and a case of Red Bull I have that is extra. (Damn you Amazon prime subscriptions!)

So my 11 y/o and I are stopping off this evening and giving our gifts, I typed up a quick letter.

Mudhen

Wow, that's awesome man!!   4.gif

I didn't have anything as nice to post here...just a fun bumper sticker from one of those loose NH girls...

94touring

Jims5543

I went and played car last Sunday, thought I would share a couple of pics I managed to snap.

My 1991 BMW 318is with a 2.8 swapped in. I would find that the 205 wide street tires were not up to the task of containing the engines power (210 at the wheels) they would break traction as I was accelerating in a straight line. Right around 4K RPM the tires would start to give up by 5K they had given up. It was interesting. I have some sticky track tires, I will use them next time.

In the background is my buddies 1991 M3, it too puts 210 to the wheels with a nicely bored over engine and some goodies like a hotter cam and tune. He picked it up in 2012 for 16K, when the market was at its worst.  It is worth a LOT more than that now.

The M3 S14 Engine, hand built 4 cyl with 9K redline.

We followed each other home for a bit, took a pic of his sexy ass.

When I got home I had to wash a bug mass suicide off the car, mostly love bugs which will eat away at the cars finish if left on.  Got the 12 year old to help...

More water ends up spraying everywhere else but the car, I seem to be a favorite target.

10" of rain in 2 days.... All I seemed to do was backwash the pool. It overflowed on Wednesday and on Thursday I had to back wash it two more times.

Went to go drive the Mini last Saturday, it started to crank then died, like completely dead not even the lights would turn on, I feared it was electrical gremlin time. I decided to just change out the 5 year old battery witht he 2 year warranty first. Glad I did, I celebrated with a trip to the corner pub to pick up a growler of beer.

94touring

That's good.  Everytime I have to replace a battery I'm reminded how expensive they are. 

Jims5543

Yup, I think mine set me back $130, I really wanted to go with a Optima but none were small enough, then I was going to order a Odyssey gel cel for $100 from Amazon but did not want to wait for it.

I might order one anyway and put it in.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ILK6I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Jims5543

I lost my temper today. I am sick of setting property corners. I sometimes feel like I am the only one setting them. I was at a property today where I needed to set 4 of 4 corners. I wanted to tie in the flagged corners across the street just to be thorough. There were flags and no corners.

I decided to write on a flag.

Jims5543

Jims5543

Spent my Saturday turning old pallets into wall decorations:

Once the counter tops are replaced (hopefully this week or next) We can finish up the part that is open.

This was a lot of work, I will be happy when we are done with this kitchen remodel.

94touring