A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

My youngest brother has spent a lot of time in one of those, he captains a 737 on charter runs now.....pretty trick job, one flight out and one back the same week - that's it for the month!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

AcesLow

Which training facility is that?
Quote from: 94touring on August 10, 2015, 07:39:22 AM
"Shocking" Brad!

Did my 6 month captain recurrent yesterday.

94touring

Jims5543

Mrs.5543 and I were sitting next to a AA Pilot and his wife at a bar last week while we were having lunch. Really nice guy, he too has a crash pad, in Chicago if I remember correctly.

They tore down the Nascar Cafe in City Walk (entrance tourist trap to Universal Studios) and it is now going to be a NBC Brewery.  Looks like they really are going to brew there.

Islands of Adventure is building this next to the Jurassic Park ride, it is supposed to be balled Skull Island and will feature a King Kong ride and something Jurassic Park related as well, the complex was huge.

They also added a Velociraptor interaction where they have this guy acting like Cris Pratt and a animatronic raptor, I was trying to figure out where the person controlling it was and how he could see us they did a good job at concealing it. You could walk up and see it then turn around to pose for a picture, they took pictures with your camera for you too. So you did not have to buy theirs.

Did my usual, park it at the Duff bar and have my last Duff beer for a long time, we are done with theme parks for a while. The wife and kid ride the Simpsons Ride which I am not a fan of.

2 dudes (and I use the term loosely here) were having some Duff beers, then they broke a cardinal man rule. I lost all respect for them.

Over on International drive, they tore down the Mercado Complex (it was a huge shopping mall outside and Mediterranean in appearance) and replaced it with a more modern complex.  It is very easy to find, just do to the giant wheel.

One of the reasons I wandered over here was because there was a cool little museum that just opened up, a skeleton museum, it was really cool, kind of pricey, but a great and educational way to spend a couple of hours.

We are so done with theme parks for a long time. We hate Disney and figured out why the place frustrates us so much. There is no room to move and the people that go to Disney parks appear to be way more rude than folks that go to Universal parks.  There are also a lot more extremely large people in motorized wheelchairs at Disney parks. They are at Universal Parks too but no as many. We are heading here people:

The big part of the Disney problem is how wide the travel areas the places you walk around the park, are all too narrow, when we got to Universal the next day we immediately realized this, The width of the travel areas in Universal is probably 70' to 100' wide whereas at Disney it is about 30 feet wide. Throw in too many motorized wheel chairs and it is impossible to move. 

We took the little guy to Disney on Friday, we got there when it opened at 9 a.m. and stayed until 9 pm and pretty much got to go on every single ride there. We noticed a new trend, people send their kids or 2 people in their party to get in line, then they go get concessions, go to bathroom or whatever, maybe the kids run to the next ride, then after you are in line about 20-30 minutes, anywhere from 2-6 people start cutting through the line saying excuse me as they work their way through to the other 2 people in their party.  Somehow this is o.k. with Disney and everyone else in line. I thought it was rude.

Also, Disneys fast pass system sucks, if you are planning on going to a park, get the Disney app and reserve your fast passes about a month before you go, wait until a week out and you may not be able to get a decent fast pass time. You are allowed 3 and my 3 were all for after 9 PM, the park closed at 12 midnight. What makes it worse it fast pass get priority up at the front, so a popular ride like the log flume ride, will have a 1 hour wait and most of that wait time is because the fast pass has people pouring into those lanes. We got in line once and never moved for 15 minutes, not a step, yet we could see the people pouring in the fast pass lane. There was also about 30-40 people that cut through our line to get with their group. We got out of that line and came back later when the wait was 40 minutes and the line was moving well then.

There is no alcohol in Magic Kingdom, none, not even in places called Pubs or with bar like names. Not that I needed it, but to be honest, it was such a frustrating day it would have been nice to take the edge off.

We had not been to Magic Kingdom in 7 years, and that was probably our last visit ever.  We did go to Hollywood Studios 2 years ago for a Star Wars event weekend there and that was probably the last time we will be at any Disney park unless Hollywood Studios opens up a decent Star Wars area.

One quick story, I was wearing my Chive shirt (Bill Fucking Murray see pic above) while in Universal / Islands when this girl walked up and asked if it was a Chive shirt, she knew it was, she was just checking I knew what I had on, I said yes, she was a Medic working for Universal, we were walking past the Transformers ride at the moment that had a 60 minute wait. She told me she was a Chiver too and asked if we would like to go on Transformers with no wait, I was dumbfounded, stuttered then said yes, she took us in a back way and right to the front of the line, said Chive on!! and walked away.

My wife, who thinks the Chive is just a bunch of horny men ogling half naked woman, was more dumbfounded, we had just been #RAKed (Random Act of Kindness) by a fellow Chiver. I have tried to explain to my wife it is much more than just that, it is people who try to make a better place out of this world, lots of charity and a club if you will that looks out for one another. The fact that a 20 something girl did a kind deed to us all because of a t-shirt blew her mind.

OK now I am screwed, I need to get some work done.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

94touring

Mudhen

Let me know if any of you guys want this and I'll go down to Mass and pick it up for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231650079207?item=231650079207&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

:-\

94touring

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Tomorrow the cabinets come. We spent the weekend demolishing the kitchen and getting everything ready.

There was a plan to use the space over the sink as cabinet space, we were going to rip out the drywall, open it up and make overhead storage out of it.

I punched a hole pushed my phone through and took some pics, we saw a lot of open space and some particle board. Looked good!!

Sadly, the particle board, for whatever reason is on the back of a huge header.

We tore out the drywall on the bottom first, then the front, then I saw what you see above and said, shit....

Our plan for the wall was to cover it in reclaimed wood so I am just throwing some drywall back up and We are covering it all with pallet wood.

I have been collecting pallets when I see them being discarded. We have a few, now I need to step up my game.

This is how I know the person I purchased this house from was a complete twat.

Every time I open something up where she could not see, the job is complete shit, half ass job to the max.  The ceiling I ripped out was no exception as well as the top hat lights which were just up there, with 1 nail in each of them.

I took this opportunity to insulate the shit out of this area. There was none and you can feel the heat pouring in from up here.

I was a jack of all trades all weekend. I did some tile work, moved an electrical box over so it will be somewhere useful. I put up some drywall, I am about to wire up 4 new LED high hats and I need to frame out the area where the high hats are so I have mounting points for both the high hats and the drywall.

What was up there is a joke.

I may have to be a plumber tomorrow night depending on this cabinet guy.

I tore the sink cabinet out and just cut it around the plumbing, he is going to need to sweat out some pipes the get the new stuff in.

I cannot wait for this kitchen to be done, this is the last room in the house that never was updated, now the entire house is updated.

I took off from work early Friday and tagged along with Renee and Gian to his physical exam and inoculation for the new school year.

This is what is looks like when you know you are going to get your balls fondled by a female doctor and you are 11 years old.

I took this pic so I can show it to him when he is 20.

The calm before the storm, we went out to a new outdoor place in town called Acapulco Joes  then went for a walk along the river.

I thought it looked pretty.

Now time to get back to work, my right pinky is not too keen on typing, I sliced it bad taking out some tile, probably could use some stitches, I am just cinching it down hard with some knuckle band aids.

Thanks Obama.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on August 11, 2015, 05:36:05 AM
I need one of those shirts

You also need to be a Chiver, the place is right up your alley. Then when you see a Chive T boarding your plane you can RAK them when they least expect it.

I just joined Chive Charities, I needed to get some Philanthropy going, my CPA will be happy I am, I decided to go Green Level Chive. I may even up that next year once I see what Obama has in store for me in April.

Get into it, you will like it, it is a great time killer and as you become acquainted with it, you will see another really cool side to it.

94touring

Wizards are complicated. 

Jims5543

Hauling old cabinets to be used in shop space.

94touring

94touring

Jims5543

Putting the girl to work.  4.gif

Jims5543

94touring

94touring

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on August 30, 2015, 08:37:04 AM
A new project underway.

For awhile now I've been thinking about online pallet sales...looks like you beat me to it!   50.gif

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on August 30, 2015, 08:43:15 AM
Do tell

Quote from: Mudhen on August 31, 2015, 05:06:37 AM
For awhile now I've been thinking about online pallet sales...looks like you beat me to it!   50.gif

We looked into reclaimed oak barrels from Kentucky, about $500 then another $500 to ship.

So we decided to look for pallets around town without pissing anyone off. We hit paydirt last week when there were about 15 of them piled up leaning on a dumpster, our rule was to only take the ones that looked like they were being discarded.

So I have about 25 of them now and after calculating what I needed it appears I gathered about 17 too many.  ;D

We dismantled eight of them, scrubbed the wood down with wire brushes and are sealing them with a clear sealer now. Then we are going to redo an entire wall in our kitchen with it. Pics as we progress. It is the wall up above with half drywall in the pic below, another long story. We did not realize there was a header there, so a plan to put cabinets there was scrapped. It needed to be demo'd and redone anyway.

We ran into a huge snag with the cabinets, I have been pretty quiet about it. The cabinet guy is MIA after receiving 97% of his money. We are about to lawyer up we just sent a certified letter stating he has 7 days to finish or we will consider his inaction quitting. Today hit the 2 week mark of the kitchen half installed. When I came home and saw what he did and that my trusting wife paid him, I was furious.

We are about to learn a very expensive and time consuming lesson.

This is the "finished" install.

Anyone see a problem here?  Either this guy is an idiot or an asshole.

Merlin

Yea, That sonofabitch put your socket upside down.
Engineering the Impossible

94touring

Holy crap!  Upside down socket?  Who's that dumb?

Regarding palets.  Funny you meantion that idea.  I was just talking over the same idea with a friend a couple weeks ago.  Not that I was planning to do it but the idea and style behind it is very good. 

Jims5543

Quote from: Merlin on August 31, 2015, 09:59:37 AM
Yea, That sonofabitch put your socket upside down.

We did that when we redid all the sockets in the house going to newer ones, we were in, I think, the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando many years ago and the sockets were the same way, and you know what? It works, it is easier to plug in a 3 prong and it feels more natural once you get use to it.

Hint: Look at the Hood vent to the roof. It is supposed to be centered.

Some of the wood that has been scraped and is ready for clear coat.

Here is another gem, what cabinet guy does this?