Banned at C&C

Started by MiniDave, November 08, 2023, 12:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

After being unable to control the idiots from doing burnouts and exhibitions of acceleration, the Houston Cars and Coffee has banned Camaros, Mustangs and Chargers from attending their event.

https://www.theautopian.com/this-car-show-decided-it-had-to-ban-all-mustangs-camaros-and-chargers-to-survive/

We've all seen the videos of these (and others - Corvettes, Lambos, Porsches et al are not exempt from car douchery) but this is the first time I've seen some one go pro-active.

I would think if you could arrange it, a cop car sitting at the exit, motor running, would have the right effect on these dumbasses.......I remember the event in California using local police to stop them from their idiocy.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

ADRay

seems to be what happens to C&Cs... they don't scale well. They altogether canned our local one (Seacoast Cars & Coffee NH) about halfway through the summer. They've also required preregistration at the one at Larz Anderson Auto Museum (Brookline MA)
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

MiniDave

I think it's interesting that they banned these particular cars.....

Of course, I don't really think it's a very compelling car show if all you see are rows of contemporary cars that you can see every day on the car lots. Row after row of new Mustangs, Camaros and BMWs is boring......

But we've all seen the videos of Mustangs in particular leaving car shows only to crash a block or less later. We'll see if this helps.

I still think the idea of a cop car idling at the exit would be a significant deterrent to hooliganism - at least as the idiots leave the show.

I have to admit when I leave one in my Mini I give it the beans! Of course, I'm all the way up to 35 mph a block later!   :steeringwheel:    :grin:

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

ADRay

Quote from: MiniDave on November 09, 2023, 09:44:03 AMI think it's interesting that they banned these particular cars.....

Of course, I don't really think it's a very compelling car show if all you see are rows of contemporary cars that you can see every day on the car lots. Row after row of new Mustangs, Camaros and BMWs is boring......

Yeah, you have to walk though all that, and the Jeep clubs and the Subaru boy racer groups to see anything good. C&C has become my least favorite car show
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

MPlayle

The San Antonio C&C is huge like that, but has not yet had problems with burnouts on the exit.  That probably has something to do with how the exit from the Six-Flags Fiesta Texas park works.  It is prone to the "many of the same" issue as being discussed.

Bruce and I like the Wimberley C&C.  It is at a smaller rural town and much smaller with a wide variety of cars all jumbled together - no large club groups seem to show up.  Our Minis are always enjoyed and we often get thanked for bringing them to the gathering.

MiniDave

Where do they hold it in Wimberley?

There is a smaller one I've found here in KC, but they pretty much shut down for the season in a week or two.....no one brings their interesting or nice cars out after they salt the roads....even if the weather is nice.

We haven't had any "weather" yet but I see where they've already treated some of the roads with brine.

We have one a month at the KC automotive museum, it's on a side road off of the highway, but even so we do have some idiots blasting away from the Museum.....it can be anyone tho, it's not restricted to Mustangs and such. We don't get a lot of exotics like Lambos, Ferraris and such but we do get some fun and interesting cars......we had a VW Caddy the other day with a turbocharged 16 valve TDI motor in it! Slick installation too. Car was for sale for $20K.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

The Wimberley C&C is typically sponsored by the little coffee shop Blanco Brew that shares a parking lot with a Brookshire Brothers grocery store basically in the middle of Wimberley.  There is also a "farmer's market" in the space between Blanco Brew and the building with "Red Nails & Lash" in the attached sat view at the same time as the C&C.

Brit_in_TX

The San Antonio C&C has an issue with revving and holding it at the limiter on motorcycles.  The people organizing it have put out various messages on social media asking for engagement with motorcycle clubs etc.  Whilst not dangerous, the noise is an issue for the host location.

MiniDave

That can't be good for an engine to hold it at redline like that.....I've seen guys do that with late model cars too, that have the rev limiters built in.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Brit_in_TX

I do not mind a blip of the throttle, but holding it wide open bouncing off the limiter is just annoying.