Heartland All British Show - 2023

Started by MiniDave, September 03, 2023, 06:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Every year I would lose to Susan's Mini and it's picture of the queen that made it look like she was riding along in the back seat - since it's based on the popular vote and people just ate that up, she won every thing she entered! But Susan has married and moved to Florida, so I figured this year I might have a shot at it since Don was entering his GT6 and not the Pup (which people also go nuts over!) Helping me out even further - this year I entered the Innocenti - and there was only one other classic Mini entered!!!

So, when the votes were tallied, the Inno took 1st place!

Dons GT6 was every bit the match for the only other GT6 entered, but they lumped his class together with the Spitfires, of which there were many. It also didn't help that the car he was parked next to was the virtual twin to his - and that one won!?!?!?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

This year the show had a good turnout, over 120 cars, so there was plenty to look at. Tons of MGs and Triumphs filled the lot, a good number of Bugeyes and Midgets, and several gorgeous Jags which I noticed I didn't take pictures of - oh well.

This F-Type had a pretty interesting license plate.

The yellow TR-3 won it's class

My friend Steve entered 3 of his cars - his Bugeye (first one in the row) and his Morris Minor pickup both won their classes, but his Midget is just too "normal" I guess!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

The red Berkeley was interesting as it had a fairly modern Honda 400cc 4 cyl engine - really sounded mean when he revved it!

Dave Long's Lotus 7 came in second to the yellow Elite, at least he didn't lose to the Locost parked next to him! I built the gearbox and engine for his Lotus, it's a 62 and we built a 1275 with an aluminum head and a close ratio gearbox - it's really fast!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

A few more pics.....the last pic is Kent Prather's Stag, with the troublesome V-8 replaced with a nice 283 Chebby motor!

I took these pics fairly early in the morning, quite a few more cars came in after I did these. Some overly helpful guys wanted to push my car uphill into it's parking spot and in the process they ran the Inno over my foot. No blood or broken bones as far as I know but I'm still hobbling - that's why I didn't take any more photos, I spent the rest of the show sitting in a chair!

This venue is great for the show, it's held in the Merriam Farmer's market which has a large shelter in the middle, so plenty of shade and even on a days as hot as today (95*) with a good breeze and low humidity it wasn't too bad

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Proof! Killer trophy, huh?  :rolleyes:

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Looks like a good time  :13:  Did you drive the inno or pull it there?  We must only have 25 miles on it.

MiniDave

I wasn't sure of the insurance status, plus it was going to be 95* so I felt I needed to have a car there to go somewhere if I needed to get out of the heat - so I towed it over to the show. The only thing that saved me was that there was a good breeze all day and we had shade and plenty of water.

It starts right up even tho the gas must be 4 years old now!

I agree it needs some miles put on it, but it also needs the carbs tuned and some other little fettling.....that's one of the reasons I'm moving the hot rod off the lift, so I can get the Inno on and get those small things taken care of.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Figured once I get it back here I'd do the  tune on it and start putting miles on it. 

BruceK

Looks like a great show. And congrats on the win!  Sorry to hear about your foot Dave, hope it's better now. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara