Can-Am Mini Challenge 2024 Announced

Started by Scargo, July 17, 2023, 12:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scargo

Greetings Mini racers & enthusiast!

I am pleased to announce that the next Can-Am Mini Challenge Race will be held October 4th - 6th, 2024!

Hallett Motor Racing Circuit is located in the rolling Osage Hills of North Eastern Oklahoma, 35 miles west of Tulsa. It is a perfect track for the Mini, consisting of 1.8 miles, 10 turns, and more than 80' of elevation changes. It is a technical and safe track, with large runoff areas and no Armco barriers. The facility offers on-site camping and excellent paddock amenities. The race will be professionally sanctioned by the Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing Club. New at this event, options are being considered to offer a "Fastest Mini In the World" class, which would be open to classic race prepared Minis with non-A series engines and unlimited performance configuration. More information will be available soon on the event website: www.canamminichallenge.com

2024 is the Mini's 65th birthday, so whether you are a racer or an enthusiast of the Mini, make plans now to attend this great all-Mini race and celebrate all things Mini. Please contact me if you have questions or need assistance.

Best Regards,

John C. Wittenauer
Wittenauer Motorsports
johnwittenauer@gmail.com

tmsmini

Would love to go, my wife forwarded the announcement to me as well...

Scargo

We've had great times at these Mini Challenge weekends in the past at Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio and at Road Atlanta. I'll not miss this one at Hallett.

MiniDave

I'm planning to go, it looks like fun on a bun and a bunch of my Sprite racing friends will be running that weekend.

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Scargo

The event organizer has secured a real good rate ($110/nt.) at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Sand Springs, OK.
The hotel is less than a 30 minute drive from the track. You'll need to make reservations directly with the hotel at (918) 419-2700 using the group name "Hallett Racing".

MiniDave

I'm def going to this one! I stayed at that hotel last time I was at Hallet, it's nice and there are plenty of places to eat nearby. Getting back and forth to the track is super easy, just 30 minutes or so straight up 412 hiway and you're there.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Do they run "parade" laps at this event?

MiniDave

They have at every event I've been to at this track, and they're not just parade laps, you can actually drive to your own limits.....they do charge (I don't know how much) and you can't be stupid about your speed or driving.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

I was thinking of trying to join you at this event and wondered if it would be worth brining the Mini.  If "parade" laps were available (and affordable), I was thinking that might make it worthwhile to try.

MiniDave

At Ozarks laps cost $35 and they do them on both Sat and Sunday, I don't know what they cost at Hallet but they def did them the last race I was at there.....I wonder if it's up to the sanctioning body for that event? If so, since this is another CVAR event, they should do them. It would be great to have your Mini at a race featuring classic Minis - I'll be bringing mine, and since it's in October the weather will be nice.

There's no entry fee to get into the race, you can come and go as you please and you can drive around the track to get various viewpoints.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

I would love to drive to this, but I think I will have to se if I survive the trip to Spearfish...

MiniDave

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:

I can understand that! It's one heck of a haul from the coast.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad