WANTED REAR TRAVELLER LATCHES!!!!!!

Started by macmanron, August 05, 2010, 11:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macmanron

SO, my chrome shop calls my dad and says, we lost the little hinges that were in the box with the rest of the parts. My day was not going well to begin with and now this! He said he would look all over this weekend for them.

This Is A Plea to Anyone who has  an extra set to sell.

I AM SICK RIGHT NOW!

sorry had to vent!
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

94touring

Hey make them buy you new ones.  Otherwise check with Britbits, lol.   :D

MPlayle

I KNOW Jim does NOT have any Traveler rear latches or hinges.  All his stuff is primarily from Saloons.  Any of the Wagon/Van/Pickup/Moke specific parts are unlikely to be in his stashes.

I read the MM threads about the wheels.  I was a bit surprised by some of his posts - seemed out of character for Jim, but he has had several bad experiences with MM forum folks.  I almost contacted him to see if he would be okay with my being "intermediary".  I have met with Hugh Cannon (Dr. Mini) before and figured if he was passing through, I could arrange to be his point of contact, but then I also saw Jim's rant about MOT folks being drawn in as a "back door".  I decided discretion was the better approach and kept out.

Sad to see how a few past "bad apples" have made things a mess for all.

macmanron

I think Jim was having a very bad day, and I just was the tip of the iceberg. We worked it out, in a weird way but we decided to both drop it and move on.
On the latches, the guy said he would buy me a new set, but trying to find them will be the hard part. I suggested to him that he would have to make it up to me somehow. I stayed cool, and he was trying to make it right. He will look over the weekend and see if he can find them. I figure if he can't I will just ship him my front bumper and corner bars, and bumperettes and say here you go, we are even after that. things happen... seems like to me always but hey things happen. I have lost parts in my own garage before! This week was a tough one. I have been looking for a lightweight camper to haul behind my Canyon, and missed a deal of a life time! Just one of those weks. Today UPS lost a box of shirts I needed to print today, for an event this weekend. I am ready for the weekend!!! 
On a brighter note, my dad was bored the other day and made a cone compressor tool. He got the donuts out of my front subby, and now I can go to work on it! Gotta blast the suspension parts then powder coat them.
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

MPlayle

Glad you and Jim got the roughness smoothed over.  Sorry to hear it has been a bad week in other areas at the same time.  Here's to a better weekend!

Cheers,
Michael Playle

94touring

So you're saying he's not that unstable in person? 

macmanron

Enough about Jim, I did find some NOS latches, but now I need a RH front bumper over-rider, one that is drilled for a corner bar. The chrome shop and I have worked it out they will do this to make up for losing the latches. Anyone have an extra one laying around??