WTB Aussie mark I door handles

Started by bokbfok, February 10, 2021, 11:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bokbfok

Looking for a set of door handles for the Aussie mark I with wind up windows.
New or used with keys.

Or, if any one has an idea to adapt the sliding window set to work with the wind up windows.
1966 Mini Cooper S
2004 Gmc Sierra 2500HD
2005 MINI Cooper S
2019 Colorado ZR2

gr8kornholio

Believe minisport Australia has them.  From what I've learned with mine, none of the UK stuff works. 

A group I follow on Instagram called mini_works_Australia is a restoration shop over there and they may be able to help.

There is also an eBay Australia that has mini parts.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

bokbfok

Thanks for the info,

I have just about email every one(In US, UK, AUS and some NZ) and mostly no luck. The only possible lead is from Mini and Moke World in Aus. They obviously only have used stock and want roughly $780 for a set without shipping.
I did get a response from Minisport AU that they are having some made and should be available next month. I emailed to clarify that we are in fact talking about the same handle set. Will see what they respond.
I honestly just need the escutcheons and might end up designing some and having them 3d printed if all else fails.
1966 Mini Cooper S
2004 Gmc Sierra 2500HD
2005 MINI Cooper S
2019 Colorado ZR2