Check out what I got to drive on Sunday. :)

Started by 481, April 06, 2010, 09:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My grandpa's Beck Spyder replica!  4.gif This was actually the second time I had driven it, the first time it wasn't running so great. So he let me take it for another spin, he was even cool with suction cupping the GoPro to the rear right above the engine! The video turned out pretty cool, I'll try to edit it and get it uploaded in the next couple of days.

94touring

Those things are cool, look like a blast to drive. 

It is a lot of fun.  4.gif

I didn't tell him this, but my Mini is far superior in the handling department.  28.gif Even my '68 Austin could have railed around the outside of it, in my opinion anyways. 44.GIF

MPlayle

The GF looks happy to go for a ride in it too!

19.gif

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

macmanron

1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

MiniGene

Quote from: MiniGene on April 22, 2010, 05:57:52 PM
Did you ever upload your video?

Noooooooo........I'm not going to lie. I've been lazy, every time I think about it something else pops up, then when I've got nothing going on I forget about it. :( The thing that sucks the most is that the camera died on the way back to their house, and all the good footage would have been from then. 50.gif I started getting comfortable and got the car pretty sideways a couple of times.  4.gif Those skinny little tires break loose pretty quick! Lol

I'll try to get it edited and uploaded this weekend! I promise.  20.gif

MiniGene

That might be a good thing.  If your grandpa saw the vid he might not ever let you drive it again! 

Can you recommend some good editing software?

Lol, I don't think he would mind to be honest. He let me drive his Boxster when he first got it, I was 17, keep in mind that I already had my pro license for racing motorcycles so he knew I could operate a motorized vehicle. I was just cruising around all easy, he looks at me and says, "So you gonna drive this thing or what?". HAHA! So I took the hint and started hammering on the thing, getting it sideways and dropping the inside wheels into the dirt in a couple of places. I thought he would get mad about that, but I looked over a couple times and he was grinning ear to ear.  ;D It was a lot of fun! I think he really enjoyed it, he probably hadn't felt that many lateral G's in a while (I think his eyes are getting bad).

Now about this dang Spyder video. I left my stupid lap top charger at the shop over the weekend and needless to say my Macbook was dead all weekend. Dang it! I'll get it on youtube at some point.  11.gif 50.gif

Edit: Forgot to mention software. I use iMovie on my MacBook, it works ok, not great, but ok. I used to use Final Cut Pro, the export quality was always a lot better when I used FCP, but iMovie is easier to work with for doing short videos like I do now days. As far as PC stuff goes though, I have no idea. I've never met anyone who does video editing on anything but a Mac.