Mini Meet East 2020

Started by Scargo, July 11, 2019, 06:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scargo

Mark your calendars now for Mini Meet East 2020 which will be held in Owensboro, Kentucky from July 6-9.

Host Hotel:
Best Western Plus
Owensboro, KY
270-689-0939

Reservations are now being accepted for the 50 available rooms being held under the Mini Meet East room block at the rate of $100/nt.+ tax for king rooms and double rooms. Early reservations are encouraged as the rooms under this block at the indicated rate will only be available until May 31, 2020.

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.18113.html?iata=00171890&ssob=BLBWI0003G&cid=BLBWI0003G:yext:website:18113

Nearby back-up hotels will be announced at a later date.

The event organizer and chairman is Al Frost. Providing support is S.I.R. BRIT (Southern Indiana Regional British Car Club) of which Al is a member.

The event web site is currently under construction and its launch along with pre-registration information will be announced soon.

MiniDave

I can get to that one in one day's drive, and the roads in this area are so twisty and hilly! Fun place to hold an event!

I would love to take the bride to Vancouver for the MMW as we've never been there and it's so pretty, but that one is at least a 4 day drive for us.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Scargo

The following is a quick update on where the planning committee stands with this event:

... The web site is being finalized and is expected to launch in mid-February.

... The pre-registration process will launch at the same time.

... The host hotel reports that as of today, (Jan 31) there are 27 rooms remaining available under the Mini Meet East room block.

... For travel planning purposes en route to Owensboro, Kentucky, we wish to make you aware of the following Pre-Event activity being planned off-site on Monday, July 6. We have made the following arrangements with the National Corvette Museum (NCM) in Bowling Green, KY. for that day.

...... We will be afforded the opportunity to tour the Museum at any time during the day, and there is a lunch venue within the building.

...... From 10am-2pm we have made arrangements with the adjacent NCM Motorsports Park for Mini/MINI owners to participate in touring laps of the 3.15 mile long road course. We will be led in groups of five behind a Corvette pace car at above highway speeds, but limited to 100 mph.The cost for this activity is $75 for 4 laps, and participants can run as many sessions as they wish.

...... Payment for both of these add-on activities are not a part of the MME registration process and are to be made directly with the Museum and Motorsports Park.

...... MME check-in and registration will begin at the host hotel late that afternoon & early evening, affording participants of these activities ample time to arrive in time in Owensboro which is approximately 70 miles north of Bowling Green..

Please continue to monitor this thread for periodic updates as they become available.

MiniDave

One of my friends (Clancy) is bringing his newly finished Moke (assuming he gets it finished in time!) so I'm thinking I might come too.....it's always a good chance to drop over to Hendersonville NC to see my daughter and grandkids. Come to think of it, I'll have a great grandkid by then too!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Scargo

Pre-registration in now underway, and the registration form along with pertinent event information can be found on the following MME web site:

https://www.minimeeteast.com/

Scargo

The MME 2020 Organizing Committee has decided to cancel the Event in Owensboro, KY.

The potential impacts of COVID-19 is the determining factor for the Committee's decision.

The Committee is very concerned for the safety and welfare of all the Mini community, our Sponsors, Advertisers and Attendees. We want to thank you for all your support for MME 2020 and hope that this health crisis recedes in the near future and we can resume our normal lives and activities.

For the funds paid to date, they will be fully refunded in the next couple of weeks.

If you have made a room reservation at the Host Hotel, Best Western Plus in Owensboro, KY please cancel by calling 270 - 689 - 0939.

MiniDave

Darn, I was hopeful that by July this whole mess would have blown over....I wonder if they are cancelling MMW too?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad