Correcting the “lean” on a Mini

Started by ADRay, March 25, 2019, 08:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADRay

Hey folks, I have a quick question. My Mini doesn't exactly sit in a level manner. I had the front passenger corner up on a jack stand for a while, and since then, the driver passenger wheel sits a little low, thus making the car lean.

I've just refreshed the shocks on all corners (marked improvement)  and looking at getting new rubber cones (I think what's on it are original).

Aside from the rubber cones and the tool to do the front ones, what else should I check or replace while I'm in there? What cones do you recommend? Thanks
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

94touring

Red dot cones (less prone to sagging as quickly as standard and ride nice) and hi lows if you don't already have them.

MiniDave

What he said /\

Plan to redo the bearings in the top arms, they will be bad, guaranteed. You have to remove them to get the old cones out and new ones in anyway. And do get the hi los, it makes the install much easier.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on March 25, 2019, 11:12:24 AM
What he said /\

Plan to redo the bearings in the top arms, they will be bad, guaranteed. You have to remove them to get the old cones out and new ones in anyway. And do get the hi los, it makes the install much easier.

Plus as cones settle a little, you can tweak things to level them out and also play with the the ride height you like/need.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

ADRay

1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998