Just what I needed

Started by MD-IN-UK, March 25, 2009, 11:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD-IN-UK

Just what I needed, another Mini forum to while away what few precious moments I have (according to my wife). This looks good so far, and I look forward to what I hope will be something a bit better then some of the "others out there".

Ron, when did you become the Stig?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN

94touring

Welcome to the site!  Other than a few bugs and issues here and there as we get setup, its coming along pretty well. 

macmanron

I had to!!!  He got banned from MM site, so I decided that he would be my alter-ego! Although, I do say quite a bit more than he does about things!!!
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

notabmw

I think this banning people from a messsage board is just plain bad business on the part of "you know who"

Speaking of which, I heard a rumor.. and I do stress rumor, that a certain mini vendor is very close to the "edge"... has any one else heard anything? 

94touring

I haven't heard any rumors but I had my suspicions that it was on the edge. 

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

xcc_rider

Well, when you PO your clientele, who spend their money at your internet store, at high prices by the way while charging high shipping fees, you may find a reduction in revenue from that action.

To put it un-PC, I haven't spent a dime there since Dean was ousted. I still like the forum and may do so in the future, but for now I'm not in the mood.

I'd hate to lose a vendor for mini parts but one shouldn't piss in your own well...    dan

joltfreak

94touring

I usually buy parts from Minisport or 7ent.  Haven't bought from MM in some time....cause its way expensive! 

joltfreak

i get most of my stuff from Mr.mini since i could walk into the shop and see it for my self. plus they have great prices and since i'm there, no shipping costs!!

Neb

I haven't delt with any overseas parts shops. Are there any special issues you need to consider when importing parts? I know you need to be concious of currency conversion but is thier any special import issues?
Neb

94touring

Quote from: Neb on May 27, 2009, 09:34:23 PM
I haven't delt with any overseas parts shops. Are there any special issues you need to consider when importing parts? I know you need to be concious of currency conversion but is thier any special import issues?

Not that I've ever run into. 

xcc_rider

Make sure you don't have anything marked as "bearings" as you'll pay one h*ll of a tariff on them. The fees make it not worth your time and $$$.

I've got an order on hold at MiniSport right now, calipers, drive flanges, CV joints (not marked bearings), rear brake cylinders, all shipped to my house (when everything's available) for less than $600 usd. The calipers alone are more than that at MM, Heritage, 7ent etc not including shipping too. Even at MM's 18% off sale last weekend I still would have saved over $300 after the discount.   

There are steps in the shipping charges so order enough to keep you below the next step and you'll maximize your $$$ spent.    dan

Neb

Thanks for the heads up and advice. Why is there such an issue with "bearings?" There has to a logical reason, or am I streaching for reason gov. regs?
Neb

xcc_rider

All I've heard is there is a tariff placed on them so the overall cost sky rockets when you get that added. Makes them cheaper to buy here when you add in the shipping.  Sucks but if you can get someone who's there to put them in they're suitcase you'll save lots of $$$.

I hope my CV's don't get flagged on they're way over the pond.  ???   dan