me

Started by rangerdude91, October 13, 2009, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rangerdude91

well ive never posted here and i figured i say hey....HEYYYY. i have a 1988(revin to 77) Designer(Mary Quant). My first 998 went a month after i bought the car, then my seconed 998 went out in a worse way. now its time to upgrade. 1275 bored 40 over(1310?) with twin 1 1/2in carbs, 286 cam, alloy head, 1.5 rockers, 3.64 FD, lightned flywheel and backplate, new exhaust etc... hoping to have the motor done by early december. and ive only had it since last december...

other vehicles: 1995 lifted ford ranger DD(built for offroading), 2008 KX450F(just bought), 1974 XL350 honda, and soon a new truck because my is a rust bucket

also on other forums as same name

Nathan

94touring

Welcome to the forum!  So what happened with the 998's? 

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

rangerdude91

firts one blow a headgasket and we thought we torched it, but we didnt, but we decided to replace it with another 998, then that one had what we thought was a wrist pin knock but one day started knocking REALLY loud and it ended up being a rod knock :'(

94touring

Ahh.  Well I see you didn't waste time by beating one of my scores in the arcade.   :)

rangerdude91

haha yeah i just had to get one top score on there ;D

Just kidding! LOL  ;) Welcome! I am the proud owner of a *cough* re-vin *cough* as well.  ;D

Minicop

481- ROFLMAO!!!! :D

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

rangerdude91

well i love my mini even if it is "illegal" haha. i really like the seats in my editon. the black and white stripes and red trim go very well together

NW

PLEASE DONT BURN ME!!!!! im a mini lover like everyone else!!!!!

94touring

There will be no burning on my website.   :)

rangerdude91

good, my mom would just hate to see that haha. the burning of her son because of some mini re-vin haters ;D

LOL! I'd have to be burned too :( But all of the re-vin haters in their 850s could never catch me in my 1.3 MPI!!! MMMUAHAHAHAHAH!! ;D

94touring

Never really understood the hatred toward revins.  They act like they aren't real minis or something. 

My '99 has all the rattles/creaks/road noise like my '68 did just not as loud. I feel like the people that don't like them probably haven't ridden in/driven one. I think if they would give them a chance they would realize that they are in fact Minis, and have the same amount of character as the older ones. I'd be willing to give any of the haters a ride in mine. If they still hate it after the ride....they have pyschological issues.

MPlayle

Let's face it, they just plain have psychological issues.

:D

rangerdude91

ive never driven an 850cc. ive had two 998cc and now building a super HOT 1310. my builder almost has all the parts. the aluminum head is oh so sweet. anyone who doesnt like an original mini has psychological issues! ;)

94touring

Happy 18th Bday.  :)