i'll be gone a few days

Started by 94touring, October 12, 2009, 03:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joltfreak

Quote from: Minicop on December 24, 2009, 05:09:06 PM
:o Ooooooo PARTY!!! Well be good, we promise ;) Right Jolkfreak? (you got our back, right?)
got you covered ;)
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

94touring

Just made it to Tulsa.  So far the car has lost one side mirror and the bonnet latch, plus the front tires are wearing poorly and the brakes are mush again. Tomorrow I head to Texas, hopefully it doesn't fall apart before I get there.  Good thing I'm pulling it, lol.   

94touring

Sitting at a rest area somewhere past Austin Texas to spend the night and they have wireless, pretty nice.  Hayman helped me fix a few things on the Inno that fell off or came loose this morning in Tulsa.  Also got to look at Batmans old mini and it has quit the assortment of patches.  3 more hours till Larado to drop this Inno off. 

Minicop

Dan- I may have you paint my Caprice. The paint job it has now is in pretty bad shape. The clearcoat is peeling all over, no rust though. There is black paint patches where the police anntenas were patched up. It needs lots of TLC now. It doesn't run either. It's been sitting without running for 3 years now. Any ideas on what the damage could be on the engine? I'll assume not good. Radiator leaks like a bitch, needs new tires, the list goes on...

What do you think?

batman1usa

;D  "Patches"  several might be an understatement.  Several more needed but Hayman said it wasn't that bad.  ???  my silent thought was "he's crazy"....

94touring

To be honest the floor on my pickup is in worse shape.  It still needs a new floor but would solve the majority of the rust problems.  Include a rear panel for the attachment point for the subby and the floors, inner and outter cills would be done.  The tricky part is deciding what to do with some of the excessively patched panels.  You could grind the welds flush and make it look nice, replace the panels, or cut them out and do it better.  A lot of work fixing them is all, but doable.  Needs the whole front end replaced too, but thats a given.     

Caprice engine....not a clue.  I'm up for paint and body though. 

Minicop

Ok. Our mechanic was my dads best friend from high school, but he closed down his shop and left us to find as new reliable mechanic. Really sucks. I assume you do high quality work. Because that's what I want. My brother had his car painted several years back and it was horrible, orange peel like crazy, drips running down the sides, just awful. I will pay you well. It may be a while though before I'm ready. First thing is to get it running again. God knows how much money that will cost.  ::) I will keep you updated.

94touring

Yeah I don't do orange peely runny paint jobs.  Hopefully you can afford me, lol. 

Just made it to Arizona.  Waiting on the girl I'm staying with to get off work (friend of my GF so no funny ideas  ;D).  Till then I'm sitting in the parking lot of a safeway browsing the web.  I need a shower badly. 

Minicop

Lol! How expensive are you?

Traveling takes a lot of energy out of you. I've done so much of it lately, I'll be glad to stay in one spot for a while. I just got back home last week and I drove 9 hours yesterday, lol. I'm up in Seattle staying with a buddy for new years. I'll be driving the Mini back.

94touring

I'm not that expensive really.  I offered to restore/refurbish that guys green mini for 5 grand, and that involved replacing a buttload of panels and making patches on top of the paint job.  Come to think about it he was suppose to get back to me the 18th and never did.  Now I have his car sitting at my folks place repaired and driveable now.     

Minicop

94touring

Did some flying today, felt great.   ;D

MiniGene

5 Grand for the amount of body work and paint that Mini needs is a deal.  You can't even get a brand new shell (unpainted, no less) for 5K.

94touring

Yeah I know its a hell of a deal considering what the final product would be. 

Minicop

Cool, again.  8) Finally got back home last week and had a look at the Caprice, WOW! There's clear coat peeling ALL over the damn thing! looks like a big blue peeling orange, lol! No rust though. As soon as I get it running again, it's going to need a paintjob soon aftarwards.   

94touring

Minicop

Well that depends on a few different factors. 1- How long the repairs will take. 2- How much money that will cost. 3- How much money I'll have left after it's all over, lol! I can't even ballpark it yet. I'll keep posting on this thread with status updates. 

batman1usa

Dan is project poor now I think  ???  Haven't seen or heard any new mini projects other than his own.  I think his used lot is empty now that the inno is gone to texas.

8)

94touring

Yep only project left is my pickup, which will not be for sale.  Inno actually went to Mexico, but sitting in Texas waiting to be exported.