i'll be gone a few days

Started by 94touring, October 12, 2009, 03:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Next Monday to Wednesday.  Joltfreak is in charge as usual.   :)

Hayman9644

Does that mean we can stay up late and eat what ever we want?  LOL

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

Hayman9644

awesome I will get the pizza.  What does everyone like?

94touring

Lol, no but John you know how I was just out there and hauled my pickup truck all the way out here....looks like I should have left it at your place.  Although I won't be moving back to Tulsa sadly, looking like back to Arizona.  Nothing like moving 3000 miles and turning around and moving right back.  I have a headache. 

Minicop

Quote from: Hayman9644 on October 12, 2009, 05:04:37 PM
Does that mean we can stay up late and eat what ever we want?  LOL

:D Bahahahaha!!!!!

94touring

This is assuming I get the job.   I did pass the online timed test they gave me.  Lets just say it wasn't easy plane old everyday flight instructor knowledge.  I still have to make it past an oral and sim checkride.  Given I haven't really flown in 7 months actively my flying rust may screw me.  I'm going to break down and buy flight sim and practice as goofy as that sounds to me.  

Minicop

Quote from: 94touring on October 12, 2009, 07:19:52 PM
This is assuming I get the job.   I did pass the online timed test they gave me.  Lets just say it wasn't easy plane old everyday flight instructor knowledge.  I still have to make it past an oral and sim checkride.  Given I haven't really flown in 7 months actively my flying rust may screw me.  I'm going to break down and buy flight sim and practice as goofy as that sounds to me.  

That's cool! I have Flight Simulator X and I don't understand most of it. It took me several "laps" to land the damn thing, haha. Also, my computer doesn't have NEAR enough juice to run it with the graphics turned up. That's the only way I like to play games.

Haymann9644- I'll second the pizza. Pepperoni with onions and a HUGE ice cold Coke! Also a good movie to go with that, then we're set! Damn! Now I really want to do it, shucks! :D

94touring

Yeah this is flight sim X as well.  Don't feel bad, I actually crashed on my first try.  Keyboard sensitivity wasn't exactly acurate.  After I figured out how many times to click my arrow keys to keep it under control in banks/pitching I had it under control just fine.  Also helped to toggle out the view in the cockpit to see where the yoke was in relationship to things.  Anyways, spent the afternoon shooting approaches, practicing holds, departure procedures, and arcs.  Just like riding a bike.  I need to see if there is a way to randomly fail gauges and systems to crank it up a notch.      

Hayman9644

Maybe I could get you a 757 from work and you could practice on it.  LOL  There is one setting on the ramp waiting for FAA approve a modification we did on it.  Im sure they wouldnt mind LOL.  So whats this job?  I havent heard you mention it.  On your way out just drop the truck off its spot is all cleared out again its always welcome along with any others you want to leave. 

94touring

The truck may stay here for now, until its ready to be trailered.  Although I sent a text about a proposition you may be interested in.  The inno needs a place to be worked on and someone who doesn't mind doing electrical work.  Then that person can split profit on the sale.  Perhaps go toward the rusty fund.  My head gasket for it was shipped today and I should have that done ahead of time.  Still gotta finish the brake master too.   

batman1usa

8)  I'm looking for a deal like this although I know NOTHING about the electrical (but can learn).  Perhaps I could store it and work on it to gain some knowledge then drive it and keep everything lubed up until it's sold.  Just to kinda wet my tastebuds.  Or I could head over and help John with it and be the test pilot for a day.
  Is there a mini simulator?  That's what I need!!

Hope you guys didn't think you had lost me.  I'm here if you need me.

I've got a nice set of black wheel/008 tires with pretty good tread that need a mini to hold up if anyone is interested, I think I'm gonna try to sell them.  ::)

Dan you should quit jumping too and from and just stop in between (Oklahoma) and commuter.  At the rate your moving you'll be back in NC in 6 months.   ;D

Why's Joltfreak always get left in charge?   >:(  he never let's us do anything fun.

Hope it all works out for the best.

94touring

As of right now the car will be going to John for him to finish off for me, unless it gets sold for what I have in it in the meantime.  I think I have a gameplan to get this car and my pickup out there.  It tough trying to move 4 or 5 cars with just two people across the country, lol.

Joltfreak was grandfathered in my my first website, thats why.  :) 

joltfreak

Quote from: batman1usa on October 16, 2009, 10:57:26 AM
  Why's Joltfreak always get left in charge?   >:(  he never let's us do anything fun.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

94touring

Well back from Phoenix.  It was an interesting experience that left me feeling like I don't want to work there.  Was suppose to meet the chief pilot and talk with him but he was out sick.  After sitting for an hour or so I was finally called in to talk with the CEO.  He was pretty much a douche bag is how I would describe him in a few words.  He asked my background in aviation which I gladly told him all about, including a timeline all the way up to now.  He then asked what got me into flying, and I told him it was due to my father and I flying in the company jet when I was a kid, and when I was older decided to pursue something challenging and chose flying, ect...  Then he asked what my father thought of me working odd jobs for the past six months while looking for employment, and followed it up by saying if he were my father he'd kick my ass if I was sitting around for six months.  We talked for awhile longer but I walked out of there feeling irritated with that remark.  Fast forward another 30 minutes or so of sitting waiting for a simulator checkride and some other guy comes walking downstairs, hands me a couple approach plates, says look over them, and walks away.  Another 15 minutes or so later he walks me over to the sim and I tried to spark a little convo to get a feel for how he liked the place, but he was not having it and answered with short uninterested replies.   Throws me into a multi engine sim, says take off, gives me some instructions and I go about my business as usual.  However, the sim's navs were slightly screwed up, one didn't give distance like it usually would, the other wouldn't allow for backup frequencies.  So you really had to work the knobs to get things accomplished, which made for a few stressful moments but I got it done without any major problems.  The glideslope on nav 2 was completely inop, so as I get into an approach realize this and had to convert over to a differernt approach midway through.  Turns out he didn't even know it was broken, so had to reshoot the original approach using a different nav, which didn't give me distance to do it properly....so it was a hassle and I'll leave it at that.  They were suppose to call me that night with an answer but never did and frankly I'm not sure I care.  Time to make a tow bar and work on a head.   

MPlayle

Dan,

Sorry to hear the trip was less than expected.  Unfortunately, many companies seem to have adopted similar attitudes about hiring new folks - kind of "whatever  :-\ ".  Their inattention to the care and condition of their equipment (not knowing something considered critical was in fact broken) does not speak well to their attention to safety.  If their sim was broken, what about their planes?

Better for you that it was not meant to be.

Cheers,
Michael Playle

94touring

I got the impression they don't treat their people very well after talking with the CEO.  His comment about 'what my father thinks' seemed unproffesional to me.  What does it matter what my father thinks, I'm a 30 year old (in a month) proffesional pilot thats been flying for hire for a few years and currently working for Delta.  I'm not living with my parents or sitting in their basement collecting food stamps and unemployment.  How about lets talk about my credentials and leave my father out of it.  As far as the sim goes, it wasn't really broken, just not configured in the best way.   

MiniGene

"Then he asked what my father thought of me working odd jobs for the past six months while looking for employment"

So...when you're looking for employment what are you supposed to do?  I mean besides getting your ass kicked by your father?  That guy sounds like a tool and probably wouldn't be good to work for.

94touring

Lol, yeah I had no good comeback for him.  I thought about saying my dad was dead, but I just shrugged my shoulders and said I don't know what my father thinks, but he's supportive of what I do.  I should have pulled my cell phone out and said I dunno what my daddy thinks, lets call him. 

On a side note my first CFI job was working for a horrible HORRIBLE company.  Granted there were a lot of young guys right out of school there, but they treated everyone like little kids.  So here I am again trying to be a profesional and being talked down to like a kid, it just didn't sit right with me.  I do tend to look younger than I am, but I didn't put myself through college, earn all my ratings and build up a nice resume with my dads help.  I think the mindset of these large flight schools is all the instructors are young, 18-25, and plan to just go to the regional airlines as fast as possible.  Some of us don't mind instructing for a living over a long period of time and taking it seriously.  This guy also kept mentioning over and over again how it takes a lot of passion to instruct, almost inferring I just started teaching and didn't have the heart to do it.  I'm sitting there thinking..ahh yeah no shit I've been doing it awhile now, I had to get 1500+ hours dual given somehow.  I was even prepared to show him my lengthy list of passing sign off's in my log books, which qualify me as a gold seal instructor.  Obviously he wasn't interested in credentials.  Thought maybe he's get the hint when I mentioned I was the assistant chief pilot for my previous employer.  Oh well.  I do continue to have a good relationship with my old boss, and as much as I hated living on the border, if he could find some more good flying work and get more students to keep me busy I'd probably go back there.     

94touring

Leaving in a couple days to AZ.  Dropping off the Inno in Texas to be sent to Mexico on the way.  Be offline a lot for the next month or so till I get settled in and back online.   

MPlayle

Wishing you the best of luck and a safe journey.

Minicop

:o Ooooooo PARTY!!! Well be good, we promise ;) Right Jolkfreak? (you got our back, right?)

94touring

Quote from: MPlayle on December 24, 2009, 05:00:53 PM
Wishing you the best of luck and a safe journey.

Yeah big blizzard in OK, which is where I need to stop on my way out there.  Plus I get to turn around and do it again in February with a moving truck.  Ughhhh 

Minicop

So you are moving back! That's good! I may have you do some work on my Mini in the near future, now that I'm back. It could use a nice new painjob.

94touring

Yeah I'm all for it, any money I can make on the side goes toward the pickup list. 

In the meantime though I'm working with my old boss/owner to get a contract with China to teach their students.  I have some good contacts and have been making calls to get students there and got this lead.  So...trying to get the school certified and get things in order for the submittal.  Keeping my fingers crossed cause I could use lots of work.  My boss kinda drags his feet on things like this so gotta go out there and whip him into shape.