playing with some new software for the website

Started by 94touring, September 15, 2009, 03:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Started out as a project for mplayle, but the more I mess with it the more I like it too.  So the website may get an update and some slight reconstruction.       

94touring

94touring

And if anyone wants to log in to see what it looks like as a logged in member, user name dan and password 1234.  My biggest problem so far has been organizing and keeping the clutter down on the menu bar with the additional links.   

MPlayle

It looks great.  I like it.  Great examples for me to see the results of the web-portal mod.  I think the MOT folks will like it as well.

Would be a shame for me to spoil it with our experimenting.   ;)

I'll be in touch soon about more mentoring.

94touring

Best part about the portal mod, especially for anyone that hasn't designed webpages, is that if you can make a post in the forum you can design a website.  Gives options to use html code or bbc like you would by posting normally.  You can download themes to change colors and layouts, but i'm still having a hard time getting my added menu button links to show up in new themes with the portal active.  Although the default theme which is what we use is good as is really.   

94touring

Ok well I have it up and running in the new layout.  Still gotta piece together some of my pages, but that hard part is over.  Wasn't as easy as I was hoping to convert over, but well worth it I think.  Keep an eye out for any bugs you may encounter, but I think I have them all fixed. 

Willie_B

94touring

Did you see the moose earlier by any chance telling you the park was closed?   ;D

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!!