Definite - "Spring Drive" in Texas Hill Country

Started by MPlayle, October 16, 2016, 07:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Houston, we have a ......erm, San Antonio we have a problem!

They're calling for 3-5 inches of snow here on Saturday......we may not be able to get out of town on Sunday.

All we can do is wait and see what happens, but sometimes we do get dumped on in March.

We got this last year....

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Sending all of y'all positive, warming, healing thoughts and prayers.  I'm excited about this trip coming of well and maybe a annual or every other year thing.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MPlayle

It seems I may not be the only one with bad luck.  Unfortunately, mine does not seem to want to end.

My mom is scheduled for surgery tomorrow afternoon.  I have tried to hold out for attending the event as long as I could, but I am finally going to have to give up and withdraw to be there for mom as she goes through recovery.

Willie_B has indicated he will be passing through San Antonio on his way to the event (as well as back home).  Since he is also buying my old MiniLites, I will plan on meeting him on his way through and pass along the route guide for whomever becomes the lead car for the drives.

I had really wanted to meet up with you guys in person.  Perhaps another adventure.  I greatly appreciate all the support you've given.

I will keep folks posted on what the "drivetrain malfunction" turns out to be as well as how my mom does in the coming days.

Willie_B

Quote from: MiniDave on March 09, 2017, 08:02:46 PM
Houston, we have a ......erm, San Antonio we have a problem!

They're calling for 3-5 inches of snow here on Saturday......we may not be able to get out of town on Sunday.

Sounds like you need to leave town Friday.

MiniDave

We're trying to work that out actually, but Don has business commitments today.....if we can we may head at least a couple hours south late this afternoon, from there it will just be raining.

OTOH, I've seen them forecast these storms and have them amount to nothing.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Head out early Saturday before there is much buildup?

MiniDave

Don and I have decided to get the heck out of Dodge before the storm hits, so we're headed south late this afternoon....Don had business to finish up so we hope to be on the road by 3 pm. We're hoping to get to Bartlesville, OK tonight, that will be south of the snow line but we'll probably have to drive thru rain all day tomorrow....still better than snow, slush and ice....and salt!

that will give us an extra day in Kerrville, but that's OK with me!  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Willie_B will be picking up his wheels and the drive route information on his way through San Antonio Monday afternoon.

MiniDave

Loaded up and ready to head south as soon as Don gets here in the Pup.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Willie_B

What say we all meet in the lobby at 9am Tuesday morning? Unless that is too early.

MPlayle

Well, I had to call the dealership to find out about my 2016 Clubman's "Drivetrain Malfunction" as they did not call me like they said they would.

It seems the fuel pump died.  They had to order a replacement, which will not arrive until Tuesday or Wednesday.  So I won't get the car back until late next week at best.

BruceK

Quote from: Willie_B on March 10, 2017, 03:34:55 PM
What say we all meet in the lobby at 9am Tuesday morning? Unless that is too early.
I don't think that will be too early  With the change in travel plans due the anticipated snowfall in KC, Dave, Don, and I will likely arrive in Kerrville late Sunday.  So we'll be chillin' for a while, and probably really looking forward to Tuesday. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

Y'all will just have to do some good exploring on Monday.  I'm excited for lots of pics.  Anyone have a go pro w/ a mount?

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

I have a Garmin Dashcam, I plan to get at least some video while we're out crusin.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Quote from: MPlayle on March 10, 2017, 06:12:07 PM
Well, I had to call the dealership to find out about my 2016 Clubman's "Drivetrain Malfunction" as they did not call me like they said they would.

It seems the fuel pump died.  They had to order a replacement, which will not arrive until Tuesday or Wednesday.  So I won't get the car back until late next week at best.

Didn't they give you a loaner? Our dealership provides loaners to any service customer, let alone someone who buys there....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Loaner  :D  That was one of the advertised perks when I bought my 07 S, serviced 3 times while I owned it and all I ever got were excuses as to why they didn't have a loaner and a sorry ass selection of cars from Enterprise rent a turd.  One time they actually tried to give me a Hyundia Accent!!

MiniDave

wow, when I had my 09 Clubby in on Monday they gave me a 2016 Countryguy S.....which I hated! Can not see out the back window on those things!

But it was a nice new car with a full tank of gas for me to use however I needed it.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Forgot to say, we're in Bartlesville OK tonight, just north of Dan's shop. The RG towed perfectly with absolutely no issues with either car. Don's Pup ran sweet too, so no worries.....

Tomorrow we'll drop some parts at Dans shop, and maybe visit a friend in Tulsa for a bit, then we'll be headed to BruceK's place to meet up for the drive to Kerrville on Sunday.

So far, so good.......Rose promises pics of the snow tomorrow when she gets up, sometime around 1 pm (she works nights)

I'm glad we left early, we may have some rain to deal with as we leave here, but that's always preferable to dealing with snow!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Quote from: MiniDave on March 10, 2017, 07:53:35 PM
Didn't they give you a loaner? Our dealership provides loaners to any service customer, let alone someone who buys there....

Yes, they gave me a loaner - Cooper-S Clubman with different accessories from mine.  Gave it to me with 1/4 tank of gas.  I am not anxious to drive it a lot - not sure if it may have the same potential fuel pump issue mine did.  My mom's car needs driven some anyway (2007 Hyundia Santa Fe with under 39K miles).

Willie_B

Packed, loaded and ready to hook up Sunday morning.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK