The Brexit and you - Making a list checking it twice.

Started by Jims5543, June 24, 2016, 05:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Gervais

Im disappointed right now; I got pretty much dicked-over by a mumbling fool at MiniSpares this week.

Normally everything is just fine when I order, but I called last Wednesday to ensure that the 'limited quantity' C-22A2204 performance clutch arm I'd ordered would in fact find my box o'parts.  I could also see online that my package hadn't been shipped yet, and that everything on the list had a 'green checkmark'. 

I asked this guy (couldn't get his name, even though I asked a couple of times - he mumbled something at a low whisper) if I'd be getting the clutch arm, he said 'yes sir', and I asked if he could add a couple of engine mounts to the box since it hadn't been sent yet.  I also asked which mounts are the 'core' mounts used in the quick-fit captive nut mounts, if they were genuine or the budget alternative.  He mumbled that they were good.  I pressed him a bit, asking if they were genuine or the budget alternative.  Eventually he said they were genuine, and I asked how it was possible since the cost was lower than the genuine mounts.  His answer was that they ordered a large quantity.  Ok...

I came in from trout fishing today, had a job interview and checked my E-mail to find that the package hadn't been shipped yet and they're awaiting my instructions.  It seems that the clutch arm isn't in stock (or rather, one piece of the limited quantity stock didn't find my package) and MSC wants to know if I want to drop it or have it sent at a later date. 

So, I've waited an entire week for nothing and was lied to by a mumbling appeaser.  Drop the 'yes sir' bullshit and tell me honestly.  And come on man, speak like you've got a pair!

So I called today and gave my reply to the E-mail, complained about an un-named mumbling fool and will be receiving the clutch arm 'whenever'.  The thing with this isn't the money - it's the bother and the inconvenience of now having 2 packages arrive, 2 charges on my bank card and project delay to upgrade the mini.

Man, I'm still a bit miffed...  Time for a Pimms...

- Pave the Bay -