First Post

Started by notabmw, March 21, 2009, 04:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notabmw

Am I the only one here?

94touring

You actually beat me to my own forum!  Took me all afternoon trying to figure out how to increase the upload limit for the gallery. 

weirdeh

I like the colour of the board.

94touring

Thanks.  I played around with a few forum softwares and decided this had the nicest layout.  The backup and restore feature could have been easier, but everything else was easy to setup. 

Red Wagon

Hello,

Thanks for starting this new forum! I hope I can contribute some good stuff as time goes by.

Steve
a.k.a. greenthumb

p.s. nice forum!!!!!

Minicop

Ooooo... Cool! I like it.

ScottRT

I like it too! I posted some pics and kicked off the first 'maint & mod" topic.
Lets all agree to avoid feeding trolls.

Scott

notabmw

Let's get Dooder on here.

Minicop

Quote from: ScottRT on March 22, 2009, 02:32:32 AM

Scott

I agree! No trolls! We seriously need to stick together.

P.S. I have a question: What do the stars mean by each of our names? Do you get a black dot instead of a star if your bad?? :D

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

94touring

Quote from: notabmw on March 22, 2009, 05:39:48 AM
Let's get Dooder on here.

I was almost tempted to just link the store link on the homepage to his website. 

94touring

Quote from: Minicop on March 22, 2009, 06:51:53 AM
Quote from: ScottRT on March 22, 2009, 02:32:32 AM

Scott

I agree! No trolls! We seriously need to stick together.

P.S. I have a question: What do the stars mean by each of our names? Do you get a black dot instead of a star if your bad?? :D

The stars are for when you get more post.  I think after you get 50 you get another star and upgrade to 998cc and so on.  I like the black dot idea though, lol.   

jeff10049

Cool I'll get my 60 mini resto up on here soon, I like the Lounge keeps the OT stuff outta the important posts.

Jeff

94touring

Plus you'll notice a little minus symbol that allows you to minimize the general discuss and classified sections if you want.  So if people don't want to look at anything non mini related, they don't have to.  You can also minimize the header at the top of the page too.  I figured if I did it like that it would be the best of both worlds.  Those that dislike multiple sections and OT threads can have it their way, and those that want something a little more organized with a place to shoot the shit can have it their way. 

deanwilhite

Hi guys. My new home. Feels comfy.

94touring

Good to see you Dean.   

batman1usa

joltfreak

Quote from: deanwilhite on March 23, 2009, 06:48:18 AM
Hi guys. My new home. Feels comfy.

Cool Glad you made it!!

Pilaumini

I'm on....nice site. Hope it keeps growing..
Pilau

macmanron

OOOPS , I posted the Hello Topic, before I realized what this was! It's the way I always do things, backwards! Oh well. Good to see a new forum, I like the look of it, easy on the eyes. I am looking forward to mini topics, and will try to chime in when there are questions about things I can answer.
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

94touring

Yes mini topics are good.  Nice to see a steady flow of people checking out the site. 

joltfreak

made it a sticky topic.

Neb

You made me change my homepage! Part dealers are now just in the bookmarks. I really like the layout. Easy to find what you want instead of searching through a list of... stuff.
Neb

xcc_rider

Hi Dean and welcome back...   

Like my email said, we'll always find a way to keep in touch. 

BTW, I love my Cooper T shirt!         dan

notabmw