Recent posts

The Lounge / Re: Now I have two tow dollys
Last post by MPlayle - Today at 02:39:12 PM
That looks to be the galvanized version of mine.

I have actually had two dollies from the same company.  The first had brakes just like Brad's latest, but was powder coated versus galvanized.  My current one is without brakes and is powder coated.

I use the straps that came with it, but attach them in a way that takes up enough of the slack from behind the wheel so that the front of the strap can be properly secured.  The pictures below show that arrangement along with it standing against the wall.  The wheel used in the pictures is a 10" x 6" Mini wheel.

Last post by MiniDave - Today at 01:39:50 PM
I like the way that one's made, and surge brakes are a good thing.....well better than not having them. I know when someone turned in front of me one time while towing the classic I almost got to meet Jesus.....(he was driving the other car!  :-) )

The only ones I've seen around here look like they're made to haul semis! And they all seem to be $1000.
Last post by Willie_B - Today at 12:46:53 PM
I just got tow dolly number 3. I have liked the way Michael Playle's tow dolly worked and have been looking. Found this one sorta close by and bought it. The main reason I wanted it is it has surge disc brakes for that bit of extra feel good. Needs cleaning and checking out but has been lightly used. Will replace the straps as the ones that it came with look like you could use them on a full size truck they are so large.
Events and Mini Clubs / Re: Mini East Meets West 2024 ...
Last post by tmsmini - May 13, 2024, 09:59:53 AM
Thanks guys
Now I just need to make reservation Santa Monica to Chicago and back to Spearfish...
Last post by MiniDave - May 13, 2024, 07:40:42 AM
Right, ADA compliant.....
Last post by 94touring - May 13, 2024, 07:26:56 AM
Designed for wheelchairs.
Last post by tmsmini - May 13, 2024, 07:21:53 AM
Anyone know what this means for the room:
King Standard Mobility Accessible Roll Shower

I looked on the site at the descriptions of the room and none exactly match this.
Maintenance and Modifications / Re: Lightweight Starter Batter...
Last post by MiniDave - May 11, 2024, 08:22:38 AM
When I went to FCP Euro to look at that PC680 battery, it gave me a different part number....

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/powersport-battery-odyssey-pc680

Reading the specs it says it only has 170 cold cranking amps - I wonder if that's near enough? It also says it doesn't come with terminals?
The Lounge / Re: F1 - 2024
Last post by BruceK - May 11, 2024, 08:16:52 AM
Well, this is F1 and it's 2024, so I'll post this here.

Here's a live stream of beautiful old historic F1 cars racing on the current Monaco circuit.  Includes, of course Coopers.

Maintenance and Modifications / Re: Lightweight Starter Batter...
Last post by BruceK - May 11, 2024, 07:59:27 AM
Quote from: Shrimps on May 09, 2024, 08:30:25 PM
Quote from: Red Riley on April 16, 2024, 05:36:59 AMI bought my Odyssey battery at the Batteries+ store. Pro tip: when it gets within a month or two of the guaranteed free replacement date, take it back and get a new one for free. They don't ask whether it's good or bad, they just hand you a new one.
Is the guaranteed free replacement a Batteries+ thing or Odyssey battery thing?

I bought mine from FCP Euro and they claim a lifetime warranty on their parts.  Supposedly valid for oil too.  :idunno:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

That's an incredible policy! It even includes wear items like brake pads. Wow.