Anyone here on NAM?

Started by MiniDave, April 06, 2016, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

I've noticed the last couple of days anytime someone posts in the "Classic Mini" section on NAM they get a response from MiniMania trolling for their parts business.

I wonder if it's actually some kind of "bot", cause the responses all seem canned, they don't seem like an actual person is writing them.

I was only on NAM for the classic Mini section, I think I'm done with that now too.

NAM started out as a great site for the New MINI crowd, but after Internet Brands bought it, it went straight into the toilet. It has now been thoroughly flushed - to me.......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Merlin

I agree with you good sir, that is why I buy all of my parts from Restorationmini.com where they have a great selection and on-time delivery.
Engineering the Impossible

94touring

Quote from: Merlin on April 06, 2016, 12:20:19 PM
I agree with you good sir, that is why I buy all of my parts from Restorationmini.com where they have a great selection and on-time delivery.

But I barely carry anything anymore!  I use half my panels on projects. 

Merlin

Engineering the Impossible

94touring

MPlayle

Quote from: MiniDave on April 06, 2016, 09:09:54 AM
I've noticed the last couple of days anytime someone posts in the "Classic Mini" section on NAM they get a response from MiniMania trolling for their parts business.

Which is funny because almost every time someone posts on MiniMania's forum about a BMW MINI question, users there refer them to NAM.  Then NAM sends them right back to MM for parts sales.

Mudhen

Quote from: Merlin on April 06, 2016, 12:20:19 PM

:D

I didn't catch that at first...lol.

I'm on NAM whenever I have to search for answers to MINI issues but don't normally watch it.  Vendors writing in on the threads seemed good at first, now I can't stand it...

jeff10049

somtimes a google search on a new mini problem brings me to NAM I think I signed up years ago haven't logged in for a long time for the same reasons as Dave. Im mostly on mini2 for the new mini stuff or just post here in the lounge.