Previous topic - Next topic

Lump projects?

Yah
2 (15.4%)
Nah
11 (84.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

MiniDave

I have a bunch of new projects both in my shop now and more coming in the next few months, some Sprite race motors and transmissions, some Mini Motors and transmissions and even a TR6 motor.

Dan and I were talking about it just now, but I thought it might be good to ask you the dear readers what you prefer: to wit' put them all in one thread as "Dave's projects" or spread them out each with it's own thread?

I don't want to bore everyone with my work as I know a lot of it is kinda the same, although each project always has it's own quirks.

So, whadya think?

Each with it's own thread?

or

Lump them all in one?

Vote early, and often!

oh wait, do we have the ability to put up a poll?

That's alright, just comment and let me know.....   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I made it a real poll for you!

MiniDave

You did? I can't seem to see it....

Edit: Ok, top of the page, I see it now.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

I say keep them separated. It makes it easier for me to remember/search for specific things later on when I want to reference them for some reason.

But either way, I am just glad you take the time to post stuff. I have learned a lot browsing around here.

Willie_B

Keep them separate. Easier to find that tidbit of knowledge you know you read somewhere.

MiniDave

Well, so far the "nahs" have it!   77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

I just appreciate your posts! You get more done in a day than I do in a week.

MPlayle

MiniDave

OK, I was good for about 15 seconds of that!   :-\

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

I was the sole 'ya' vote - I wouldn't mind seeing a dedicated folder for non-mini British projects, where Dave could possibly have separate threads for different builds.
- Pave the Bay -

MPlayle

Quote from: MiniDave on June 11, 2021, 10:01:25 AM
OK, I was good for about 15 seconds of that!   :-\

If I knew how to abbreviate the song, I would have tried to keep it to the first 20 seconds - enough to get the first refrain - instead of the whole song.

MiniDave

Well, John we may have a solution mapped out for that too, stay tuned! Same Bat time, same Bat channel!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

OK, Dan and I put together an idea and we'll see how it works - we added a new section to the Restorations heading and named it "Dave's Garage"....I'll be moving all my old resto threads over there, including engine or transmission rebuilds on Sprites and race motors so we can gather them all in one place.

This is as much a convenience for me as anyone else so I don't have to go hunting my old threads when I want to update them or to add a new one, of which there will be several over the coming weeks and months.

I'm in the process of moving them today and will let you know once it's all in place.

Big thanks to Dan for allowing me to have my own little space in our online world!

I hope this is a help to others too if they're looking for a tidbit of info in one of my threads.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Well Done Dan!  oh, and you too, Dave -
- Pave the Bay -

gr8kornholio

I knew reading through this that some one would post something about that song.  The whole album is amazing.  Played it non stop in high school. The album title track "smash" was my anthem. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.