attachment upload size and advice

Started by 94touring, June 11, 2015, 10:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Since I've gotten my new phone I've had a hard time uploading attachments due to size.  I have the forum software set to accept unlimited sizes, however one of the .ini files that has ultimate control has a limit set.  I've been digging through codes trying to find where to reset the limit but haven't had much luck yet.  So till then if anyone runs into this issue yourselves you can download an app called "reduce photo size" that's very easy to use.  I can also go into settings on my phone and reduce the size it takes them at. 

MPlayle

Dan,

I looked over on the MOT forum (still have access there) at the settings and Media add-on configuration for possible ideas.

In the main admin area under "Features & Options" is only max width & max height for inside a post.

In the Media center configuration are several settings that may be involved:
- Max number of files in a directory
- Max size of a directory
- Max file size
- Upload_max_size
- Post_max_size
- several regarding pixel sizes in the views (thumbnail, etc.)

The MOT site is using an older version of the SMF package and Media add-on.  I suspect your current version has similar settings and the two most likely culprits are the "Upload_max_size" and the "Post_max_size" as they are indicated as "server-side limits"

94touring

I think our versions are different now.  But here are screen shots of the settings within the forum.  In the old version I could adjust the php.ini file.  Now it appears to be related to subs_gallery.ini. 

MPlayle

Under your main "Admin" tab, try checking the settings under the sub-tab named "Aeva Media" (just to the right of the "Configuration" tab highlighted in your second screen shot).

94touring

Yeah that's just files for the gallery which is separate from the forum.  I've adjusted that before via php.ini

94touring

94touring

Well I do believe I got it.  Only oddball thing which has been an issue forever is it will say upload error already submitted, but it submits.  Only seems to be an issue from my phone.