Project Binky!

Started by MiniDave, January 12, 2015, 02:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

That was fun. Even Edd enjoyed it.

MiniDave

oh no, they added a bracket for the cloaking device!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

The first episode of Project Binky just popped up on my YouTube feed with the notation underneath that it was uploaded 7 years ago.   Holy crap!  Has it been that long? 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Yep, and it STILL isn't done yet, although I bet it's more done that we realize since the last episode was how many months ago?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

So....this weekend, for all the special people like Bruce, they will be showing binky - in COLOR!

That's right, Binky is back from the paint shop, although I think the trimmers are still busy with the interior.

So, unless they were just showing an "interesting" color of primer it will be.......well, I won't give it away. I'll let Bruce do that since he's patreon.  77.gif

Edit: can't believe the twins will be 6 in a few months!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Actually, I'm no longer special.   The key word here is "longer".  As in "longer time" than anyone could have anticipated.  I signed on as a paying sponsor for Project Blinky back in 2014 or so, thinking it would all be completed in relatively short order.  Sometime about 6 years later (!) I decided to pull the plug on my small financial contributions. 

So will have to wait just as long as the rest of the peanut gallery to see the new video.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Oh, so it was a yearly thing? Didn't know that....

Well, we'll all see it I think Sat night.

Unless I'm mistaken, the color they went with is a lime green metallic....looks kinda like the color of aircraft aluminum primer.....not far off of the color of my avatar.   :-\

I mean, I can understand wanting it to be easily seen.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

That bright green is so they can find their way back to it to complete the 3 years of assembly lol.

BruceK

No, the contribution was per video, not annually. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I saw your name on the Patreon list well into the double digit videos, when the list got so long I quit watching it.

Wonder how long before they put up the first of the re-assembly videos? Since they announced they're changing ECU's, I wonder if that means more wiring? And a different bracket?

They're still running short part episodes on FB to generate buzz on the project again. I think they did the paint one in like 12 short vids! Now they're back on like episode 12 or 13 again......

Nice to see they honored the original color scheme - with a BOM twist that is!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on February 13, 2021, 06:46:25 PM

And a different bracket?

Never ever doubt the desire to design and build a new bracket!!!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S