Thanks Miami!!!

Started by Jims5543, May 27, 2014, 12:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

As you saw I went down to Miami a couple of weeks ago and the two restaurants I went to dinner then lunch at while down there stole my credit card information.  The lunch place went on a sunglasses, contact lens and Tom Tom GPS shopping spree amounting to $1300 on my AMEX.  Amex shut things down about an hour after all the orders were made. All originated in Miami with a shipping address to Miami.

Then a week later my Visa card was cloned and someone tried to spend $400 at Toys R Us, in Miami, and failed.

I only have 2 credit cards and used 1 in each place and that was the only time I took them out all weekend.

What sucks is playing back and forth, for a week I had no Amex and now I have no Visa, I use both for most of my purchasing of gas etc.. for work then pay them off every month.

So, next time I go to Miami I pay cash everywhere I go or get a recharged Credit Card and throw some Money on that.

With the AMEX card, I actually contacted the owner of the establishment where I am positive I was compromised. Why else would it take 20 minutes to run my card, well, the service there did suck but the 20 minutes of my card being gone did get my attention. The owner "seemed" concerned but never got back to me with a result.

Consider this a warning, if you are heading to Miami any time soon guard your cards.  Visa told me they are having huge issues with this in Miami.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

That sucks!  I had a card info stolen last year after a online flower purchase.   They tried to buy video games online.   I will say bank of America caught it damn near within minutes and was calling me.  Turned it off, refunded me, and had a new card within days.

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on May 27, 2014, 01:01:12 PM
That sucks!  I had a card info stolen last year after a online flower purchase.   They tried to buy video games online.   I will say bank of America caught it damn near within minutes and was calling me.  Turned it off, refunded me, and had a new card within days.

Flowers, right.   :D

94touring

Ha yes, flowers.  I was buying them for my ex psychopath...err I mean girlfriend. 

Jims5543

2 days before I leave for vacation. Visa card info stolen again. Guess where it was trying to be used?  Miami!!!

So I leave for vacation with no Visa card now.

Fuck Miami.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

I forgot!! I had applied for an Amazon Visa card (to save $60 on a purchase) and was approved, I never activated the card. I did not last night. I have a Visa card again.

Capitol One did not offer to do anything to expedite my card to me. So I am not using that car next week.

From now on, when I go to Miami, I am getting a few $50 gift Visa cards and just using them at restaurants.

I  cannot believe how corrupt it is down there.

Mudhen

I make it a point to never go below the Mason Dixon line...just not safe.   19.gif

Jims5543

Hint, it is not the rednecks.....