Fangio / Brabham F1 Battle

Started by Jims5543, May 21, 2014, 06:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

I had never seen this footage before, and have to admit, I was pretty excited watching it.

It is a 1978 Event where they took out 20 year old F1 cars for a demonstration race. Fangio says he is not demonstrating, he is racing. Brabham seems to be in the same mindset. What we get is 4 very exciting laps as vintage F1 cars drive at the limits. It was amazing to see Fangio push what should have been a slower car so hard to keep up with a more modern one.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVggt1fv34c
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Also relevant.. Jack Brabham raced for John Cooper in the early days of F1 before forming his own team.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Every time I go to watch this I get interrupted.   I've gotten 1 lap in!

MtyMous

Enjoyed that. Would have loved to see a couple more laps.