anyone like playing flight simulator?

Started by 94touring, October 18, 2013, 07:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I've been stuck in the box for two days and ready to play with minis again.

Davisio

I'm ready for you to "play with Mini's again". Does that count? ;)

94touring

It does count.   Dean is probably ready too.

MtyMous

Awesome. That's a pretty fun sim room. Looks like the last one is still in flight. Looks like  US Airways. What airframe are you practicing on? I've only ever "flown" a C-130, T-1, and T-37 in the sim. But it was a lot of fun.

Davisio

The closest I ever got to a proper flight simulator was working in Fortran.
I can't really count Chuck Yeager's AFS. That just wouldn't be right.

94touring

Yeah this is the airways training center in Charlotte.  In that pic there is a dash 8, airbus, and crj 200 that were active.   The 757 was beside me and not in motion.   I'm on the other crj sim.  Almost took a short video of the one sim that was doing something major as it was all over the place.  Wish I could say it is fun, but really it's one day and four hours of doing a bunch of things you never or rarely do to standards, and a second day and four hours of  line oriented flights with a few mishaps and emergency or two thrown in.  Fail anything and it's bad on many levels.  Plus there is a lot of questions in the oral part of the testing.   Basically two 8 hour long days of agony.  The good news is I'm done with that for another year.

MtyMous

Yeah. I'm sure it's more work than play for you. For me, I got to do a couple flights, landings, maneuvers, and that was it. Just the fun stuff. I wasn't trying to get flight sim hours or certifications.

94touring

Yeah all work and no play makes me a dull boy lol.  I basically start hitting the books for this event a few weeks in advance.   There is another test prior to this that went with last weeks ground school.