Where in the world are you?

Started by Mudhen, December 30, 2012, 10:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

I was wondering the other day if there was anyone on here near me...thought it might be fun to meet up.  Not sure if there's already a thread like this - if so plz delete this one and I'll post in the other one.  Heck, with my terrible memory, I may have already posted in it... ::)

I'll start.

Mudhen.  Eliot, ME.  USA.

MiniGene

94touring

Willie_B

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

CasaMini

Mad Dog

MiniGene

Quote from: CasaMini on January 13, 2013, 03:56:17 PM
Highland, Arkansas 72542

Hey my in-laws live in Ash Flat! Do you own the Pig n Whistle? My wife is on the phone right now with her Mom and wanted me to ask. It's been a while since we've been back there. I always thought that it would be tons of fun to bomb around Cherokee Villiage in a classic Mini.

CasaMini

Hi MiniGene
My wife and I moved to Highland from the Dallas/Ft. worth Tx area last August. The owner of the Pig and Whistle is a Brit by the name of Phillip Ashcroft. The day we were moving in to our log cabin, one of my sister in laws friend who was helping us unload the U=Haul says "there's a little car in downtown Hardy just like yours. I unhitched one of my Mini's and took off to Hardy to find the car and there is was in front of the P&W.
Since then we've been to dinner there several times.
This area of Arkansas is Mini owners heaven. Wonderful roads with lots of curves and dips. Been thru Cherokee Village several times in the Mini's and looking forward for the weather to warm up a bit for some more spirited driving and exploring all these cool little towns.
There is a couple from Florida ( Dean and Sharon Priep ) who own several Min's and also own a log cabin in Ash Flat. We met them for dinner one evening at the P&W.
Next time you go visit your in-laws look us up. You can reach me at lacasamini@hotmail.com
Cheers Angel
Mad Dog

biketesting

Disregard all the above text, it is flatulence (still)

MPlayle

MiniGene

Angel,

I never would have thought that there were so many Minis in that area.  Pretty neat!  I'll definitely let you know when we will be back in that neck of the woods.  Watch out for deer when you're bombing around those awesome roads!

Gene

92spi

Nicholasupton

Woodland, CA just north of Sacramento

batman1usa

Ponca City, OK

19.gif

My classic is out there somewhere!!  It's RED if you find it please bring it back.

wevebeenhad

Quote from: Nicholasupton on January 25, 2013, 11:04:45 AM
Woodland, CA just north of Sacramento

Nick i grew up i Auburn, then briefly moved to Nevada city before the army.

Mudhen

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Quote from: bikewiz on April 07, 2014, 02:45:53 PM
Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

Cape Cod, Massachusetts - nice!  I'm from northern MA...at least, that's what people from up north tell me.   ::)

sparetimetoys

I'm here in Plano TX. just below Frisco.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

MtyMous

Good to see some familiar faces and places. Currently in Oklahoma City for the next few years. Then who knows. Probably the Boston MA or Dayton OH area. Moved up here from Grapevine, TX.

jedduh01

tsumini

Tyler TX winter
South Fork CO summer

Jims5543

Quote from: jedduh01 on April 29, 2014, 07:07:19 PM
Charlotte, North Carolina

Lots and lots of my car friends are from that area, a few of them work for race teams.

I go up to the mountains for shenanigans with them a couple of times a year.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson