mexico blue mini

Started by 94touring, December 09, 2012, 08:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on April 17, 2013, 05:18:47 PM
I believe thats an old Datson shell sitting back there.  There's a cop car here because a cop lives on the property with the shop.  Makes for great security!

Ya, sure.  Neighbors finally came down from their paint fume buzz enough to call the cops on you!  Bastard!

:D

Car looks amazing.   :-\

jemo

Sorry for the delay.  I've had the car a while now and just starting to gather all the parts I need.  Lots of little stuff....This week I decided I'd work on the brakes.  Here is something I learned about the brakes and fittings you might all already know but I'll put it out there.  I bought a pre-flared set of brake lines from minisport.  Worked alright but I did have some leftover lines since I'm not putting the car back to stock.  I kind of hit a hiccup though when I started putting the lines on.  The tee in the rear subframe didn't have a flared port, it was just a straight port but the lines had double flares on them.  My neighbor said that won't work and they'll leak soooo...I was not sure what to do and lost a week or more trying to figure out what to do.  I was at O'Reilly's one night and the manager knew exactly what to sell me - a flared to bubble adapter.  I didn't even know of such a thing so I got 3 of these and I'm done.

Last night I finished up bending the lines and took them over to a hydraulic place.  They have a miracle machine that flares the lines perfectly every time.  They did 7 flares in less than 30 minutes so it was a little expensive but saved me hours.

I made my own brackets for the rubber lines to mount to out of some scrap metal I had.

I'm almost finished.  I bought a pedal set from Steve Alexander rather than getting Wilwood or Tilton pedals that some people use on these conversions.

From the previous pic you see I used a 4-way connector.  I had to order that off ebay because it was impossible to find locally.  The bottom lines comes from the rear tee, the left line goes to the left front brake, right line to the right front brake, and the topmost port goes to the master cylinder.

I'll mount the pedals tonight or tomorrow and run the line to it.  I'm waiting for the reservoir to arrive so that should go on pretty easily.  I think I'll start working on the wiring this weekend.  I'll post more pics as I progress.

Jeff

94touring

Thanks for the update!  Glad you found the brake line adapters!

94touring

Mudhen

94touring

He's still working out a lot of little snags along the way.  I had to joke a little that the engine fitment is taking longer than the restore did. 

Nicholasupton

I have built a few vtec cars, and would recommend not running the brake lines down on the frame that way as they will rub on the transmission and harmonic balancer when you turn the wheels while the suspension compresses. Also with the wilwood MC's buy the correct adapters for the fill port and dump the stupid bolts that came with them, they will leak into your interior over time, (replaced 3 sets in customers cars) the damage caused by the brake fluid cost more than just using the right parts.