GoDaddy being slowwww

Started by 94touring, March 04, 2011, 10:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Noticed the past couple days the site has been a tad slow.  Done everything on my end to speed it up, i'm sure the host will fix things on their end soon.  Seems to do this every few months. 

94touring

Still slow, so I've contacted them and hoping to get a response and a solution.  Driving me crazy. 

94touring

Forum will probably be down for spring cleaning this week.  Think I found the cause of the recent slowness of the forum. 

MPlayle

Explain?  MOT has not yet had any issues.  Keyword: "yet".   ::)

94touring

Well I noticed other pages outside the forum software load quick, no timeouts ect...  The forum is kinda hit or miss.  Did some research and it might be that spam mod, or some updates I recently did.  Started to happen when I did both of those.  Tried undoing them but still some traces in the files, so.. Gona uninstall reinstall and pull up the backup sql and see what happens minus updates and spam mod then go from there.  I'm hopeful its a quick fix. 

MPlayle

Okay, thanks.  The MOT forum site is not using the spam mod.  Using manual registrations instead.

94touring

Test test test....23.gif 69.gif

94touring

Well gona see how it goes.  I found out that the latest version of the forum isn't compatible with the arcade, so that may have been part of the problem.  No arcade for the arcade junkies till they update it to match the forum software I guess.  I'm almost thinking the latest forum software is the real problem behind the slow bug.    

Edit:  found a fix for the arcade.   56.gif

MPlayle

Ditto your last "smiley".  I think I'll strive to keep the MOT forum simple.  (I get enough computer related headaches at work.)

Cheers!

MPlayle

Also noticed: the ShoutBox is now missing.  Removed it?

94touring

Yeah removed the shoutbox since we dont' really use it.  Trying to clean things up a bit. 

94touring

Check this out too.  I just did the avatar trick.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293441.0

EDIT:
HOLY smokes, run #8 on the list.  I gained a ton of speed when I ran that script.