MiniDave

Don't forget to leave the handbrake off!   :D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

MiniDave

Not much more than toe and go on stock Moke suspension.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

It has 4 wheel fully adjustable so lots of bit to fiddle with.

gr8kornholio

Looking forward to that when..... I get the seats back.  Did find a shop in Plano that specializes in custom alignments.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on August 03, 2022, 08:03:55 PM
Looking forward to that when..... I get the seats back.  Did find a shop in Plano that specializes in custom alignments.

That's great!  Do you have the alignment specs to tell them? 

I still have the same tires on my car from its alignment seven years ago and there is still no uneven wear.  Plus it handles great. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

Yea I found them in a thread and snapped a pic.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Willie_B

Survived Caffeine & Octane this morning. This was the first time in a new location so it was a zoo. Hot, no shade at all. Used the tow dolly to take it as it across town from me. It was their British car day so probably 60 British cars there together of all types. This event bills itself as the largest car show in the country with an average of 3000 cars each time. I stayed close to the moke to keep an eye on it and answer questions. Been there, done that now. Just too large for me. I will go to more local smaller car shows now.

MiniDave

I'm pretty much over car shows unless they're at a venue where I can get into the A/C. Earlier this year our All British was at a really nice venue and even tho it was in the 90's I was able to get into a nice cool air conditioned mall that had a great food court, so double win.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Installed the seat moved back two inches. Feels much better now.

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on August 07, 2022, 03:09:40 PM
I'm pretty much over car shows unless they're at a venue where I can get into the A/C. Earlier this year our All British was at a really nice venue and even tho it was in the 90's I was able to get into a nice cool air conditioned mall that had a great food court, so double win.

I hear you. I'm deciding whether or not to take my '88 Mini to the ABCD car show in Austin this Sunday where temperatures are expected to be about 97° by 2 PM.   It's a 90 min drive back home after the show and is definitely no fun in the Mini in the heat.

It just occurred to me instead I could drive my 2002 R53 Cooper S which has the magic of a/c.  It's 20 years old now and I guess I could even put it in the show. Or just be a spectator and leave when I want.  Hmmmm.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Yeah, the R53 will be almost as unusual by now as a classic - and it has A/C!!!!   77.gif

We've had a break in our weather - high today of 64? Maybe it will cool down by the weekend?

Why isn't Michael driving his almond green car with its A/C?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Dave,

My Almond Green Mini is at a consignement dealer where I am trying to sell it.  It has to be at their showroom.

I will be going to the car show Bruce mentioned as a spectator this year since the blue panel Van is still "in progress".

In prior years, the show had a class for "New MINIs" that Bruce's would go in.  The last few years, there has been no cars show up for that class.

Willie_B

Finding stuff that I thought was tight/torqued but was not. The steering arms had a bit of loose wobble. Maybe the locating pins had too much paint and they did not tighten down all the way the first time. Then I developed a dead spot in the steering. Found the 4 nuts that hold the rack in were loose. Crank down a bit more and now it steers great. Imagine that.

Have a bit of lean stumble when just cruising along at a steady speed. I see it go lean on A/F gauge and it feels off at about 16-17. Everywhen else it is right on or a bit rich.

Next up is to install the top. That will be a two person job, wife can hold the bows while I get the straps on. It has cooled outside off but some shade will still be nice.

Putting miles on it as in middle of October I will be taking it down the central Florida for Mokin' Around for three days of backroads. Not to many twisties though.

Willie_B

Drove up to Ohio today to pick up a enclosed trailer for the moke. Robin Jones made it to carry his moke around on. The cover was made by a company that makes snowmobile trailers. The cover is vinyl over a steel tube frame. The back has zippers up each side so you unzip both and flip it on top. Then there are two zipper doors in front on each side so you get to the front to tie it down. Needs a good cleaning inside and out. Then figure how to load and tie down the moke. Like the graphic on the rear.

94touring

BruceK

I've never seen a trailer like that. Very cool. I'm sure that rear graphic is going to make a lot of people smile, and make a lot of other people ask questions.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

G67mcs

The trailer looks great Brad!

There were several aluminum 6x12' trailers like yours without the cover up at MME. On some of them the whole bed tilts to ease loading. I'm keeping my eyes open for one of those to utilize for my saloon.

Garry
1967 MK2 S
2003 Mini Cooper S
2016 4Runner

pbraun

Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified
66 Jaguar XJ13 ( I can wish )

Willie_B

Tow dolly to the rescue.

Willie_B

The rubber sealing band from the body to the radiator broke. When it did it got into the fan and broke all the blades off. That explains the rattle sound I heard, I thought the noise was something I kicked up into the wheel well. NOPE. So as it is a warm day and I had the possibility of traffic it was best to call for rescue. Wife picked me up as I was just a few miles from home.

Willie_B

Not sure if I can fix this with the engine in. With the metal shroud as part of the body there is no room to move the radiator over. Also I am uncertain of it's condition after all the flying blades. I can see some dents in the fins already.

94touring

Well that's a huge bummer. Provided the radiator isn't punctured you can just use a small pick to fix the bent fins.

BruceK

Oh man, that sucks. About four years I had just installed a new plastic fan like that with a brand new Chinese aluminum radiator. Somehow, I didn't have the fan-to-shroud clearances right and the fan destroyed itself in about two seconds when I started the car up.  Those aftermarket plastic fans are made of some very brittle unforgiving plastic, and just like yours, mine turned itself into 50 little pieces of shiny yellow plastic.  Oh, while destroying the new radiator too.

Hope your radiator survives.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S