Yep, meet the new Mania, same as the old Mania..... :rolleyes:
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Dave posted what I was about to say.

tmsmini

I used to be able to get that type of stuff in one day from Seven...

BruceK

Well, they are certainly not failing to disappoint. Same as it ever was.

Buying from MiniSpares for a better price (usually about 1/2 that at MM) and much quicker shipping (even across the big pond) continues to be the smart way.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

We should be grateful that places like Spares and Sport still exist, my friend Don bought a GT6 Triumph with a noisy gearbox, gears and other parts for that are turning out to be nearly unobtanium.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Quote from: tmsmini on April 19, 2023, 04:20:14 PMI used to be able to get that type of stuff in one day from Seven...

As long as you didn't order on Friday or Monday, cause they didn't ship on the weekend or on Monday! I liked dealing with Jack and the guys at 7.....they were always slightly cheaper than Mania, but still way more spendy than buying from England.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

I just got an email from Spares that they were charging me an additional 20 pounds (about $25) for shipping over the original quote when I submitted the order due to "size/shape and/or weight" of my order. That made shipping 54 pounds (almost $70) for a distributer and carb rebuild kit. I think the order of 5 tires I got last year was less shipping so I have no idea what that was all about but it sure seems a bit excessive.  :017:

It was still cheaper than buying from Mania so there is that I guess.

bikewiz

I did get a heated rear window from Mania that was, curiously, quite a bit cheaper than Spares.
But as others have said even with DHL from the UK Spares and Sport are less by a ton.
Before the merger the good advice from Jack at 7 was worth the additional cost buying from him.