Heading to the racetrack

Started by MiniDave, October 05, 2023, 05:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

.....at Hallet, just west of Tulsa.....going to be a good crowd of Sprites there, Dave Long will have his box Sprite along with the Coleman bros, Corey Miller and Dave Williams will have their Bugeye Sprites too......

We're all meeting up tomorrow, Don and I will meet Dan and Jen at the track in their campmobile.....Clancy is already down there with a bunch of other guys. Weather will be perfect so it should be a good weekend.

Plenty of drinkin and racin!   :great:

The following weekend is the race at Ozarks International, which is about the most fun track I've ever been on, it's like a giant roller coaster! Many of the same guys will be there too, assuming they all make it thru this weekend unscathed!  :steeringwheel:   
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tmsmini

Have a great time!
I missed the fall race at Sonoma-Sears Point a month or so ago.
I have tickets to Velocity Invitational with the Minis vs. Mustangs

94touring

Few pics

cstudep

MiniDave

Hallett is a great spectator track, and a perfect track for small bore race cars. Lots of elevation changes, off camber turns and it's fairly short at 1.8 or 1.9 miles, depending on who you ask.

Our weather this weekend was chilly Fri night but warmed up beautifully the rest of the weekend - perfect race weather - the cars loved it!

But like any race weekend there are always "challenges". One of our Sprite racers - Cory Miller - blew his differential to bits in qually. He had a spare (4.22 ratio) but not the ratio best suited for this track (4.55), so he was slightly on the back foot once we got it swapped out. The kicker, an hour or so after we got it all back together, one of the other guys came up and said he had a 4.55 he'd be happy to lend out! Didn't seem to hold him back tho as due to misfortunes of others, he was in 1st place for the final race this afternoon. Don and I left after the morning race today so I don't know how he finished up.....

Dave Long's weekend didn't start off very well, his transponder wasn't working so he wasn't classified after qually, then on Sat they kept them on the grid too long while retrieving a broken car and he overheated....ending that session. However this morning the car ran well and even tho he started from the back he was charging forward when someone went off into the tire barriers, black flagging the race. When they restarted they only ran three laps and ended the race. Cory won that one on the last turn of the last lap!

I did get some video of the group2 cars as they rolled off the grid, I'll post it a bit later.

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad