2023 Mini Ozarks run

Started by MiniDave, March 23, 2023, 01:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Sun the 14th is a travel and arrive day for most of us.... Mini drive days are Mon, Tues, Wed..... Thurs is the go home day.

Glad you can join us, if there's someone else in your area that might come along, feel free to invite them.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

I have more time between trips so I am planning to come. But I will come up on Monday so not leaving on Mothers Day.

MiniDave

Yay! Are you bringing the Moke or the orange car?

I've been trying to talk Ruder into bringing his Moke, but his health isn't so great lately.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Has a host hotel been chosen yet?

Willie_B

The vehicle selection will wait till a few days before to see what the weather will be like. Wet mokin' is not fun.

Scargo

Any update on the location and hotel selection?

MiniDave

I've asked for opinions on which hotel to choose.....spendy or cheap. Cheap is Super 8 by Wyndham at around $60/night plus fees, Spendy is Hampton or HIE at about $120/night plus fees. If I can get a consensus I'll set something up. I know Dan is Glamping in his bus, Don voted for Hampton, Michael prefers the Super 8, just need a tie -breaker (besides me)

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

How close are $ and $$ hotels? Would it be close enough to have people in both?

Scargo

I personally prefer the HIE or equivalent in that price range over the Super 8 level.

MiniDave

Yes, all the hotels are within a few blocks of each other.

I'm for going with the better end hotels too. They also provide a decent brekky in the am.

The HIE and Hampton are right next door to each other, the cheaper ones are just a couple blocks north of those two,

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

I am fine with going with a better hotel.  Does the HIE or Hampton have parking room for a Mini on a tow-dolly?

Edit:
Just checked the satellite view in googleMaps for the Harrison HIE and Hampton and both look to satisfy the parking needs.

Willie_B

I like Holiday Inn Express when we travel. But willing to stay wherever it works out to be.

MiniDave

OK, looks like we have a concensus - HIE it is!

I'll see about getting some reservations started tomorrow.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Ok so Harrison is the starting point. 

MiniDave

YES, I've already mapped out some good roads starting from just south of town. Lots of twisties around there....If we want to on one day we can go north and take the Peel ferry across the lake too - might be fun and a great picture with all 6 minis on the boat (it's free)

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Scargo

The lake crossing on a ferry would be very cool.

If you're going to create a room block, let us know the name under which it gets set up, and when we're good to call in our reservations.

Otherwise, I'll plan to make a reservation on my own this coming week.

MPlayle

Quote from: Scargo on April 16, 2023, 08:06:10 AMThe lake crossing on a ferry would be very cool.

If you're going to create a room block, let us know the name under which it gets set up, and when we're good to call in our reservations.

Otherwise, I'll plan to make a reservation on my own this coming week.

What he said.

:victory:      :steeringwheel:

MiniDave

There are plenty of rooms available, just go ahead and call the HIE at 870-741-3636 - that's the hotel's direct number. I booked a King on the top floor (you don't have people walking or stomping over your head all night!) and cost was $104 plus taxes.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Scargo

Would you like me to provide you with a few names to add to your "tentative" list?

MiniDave

You bet! the more the merrier!

Remember this is not a heavily organized run, we just find some good roads and hoon around, I have some roads I've found, so we're good to go for the first day or two.

The plan is to arrive Sunday afternoon, fiddle with cars as needed, go have dinner then hit the road right after breakfast in the am. I don't try and hit the road at 7:30, I'd rather wait till 8:30-9 so whatever traffic there might be can clear.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Reservation made arriving monday, unless she lets me leave on sunday. Now to pull the engine on the moke to replace the cooling fan. Not going back with a plastic one for sure.

Scargo

Add Dean Priep as an attendee and Al Frost as a tentative.

MiniDave

Cool, I know Dean and Al both.....look forward to seeing them!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad