Used part from the UK

Started by tmsmini, September 15, 2023, 07:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmsmini

I bought a set of CAM 6618 inlet manifolds of ebay from the UK. Amazingly fast shipping via UPS.
Shipped on the 10th and I received it on 13th.

Now if only I don't get hit with a customs and broker bill from UPS.

MiniDave

Those are supposed to make it easier to fit an HIF to an early car?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I have in the past bought used parts off ebay from overseas, can't recall getting a customs bill.  Pretty rare I do in general.  Just started buying VW parts from Brazil, so curious if I get hit from anything down there. 

MiniDave

I usually only get hit for customs duty on orders from England (like Mini Spares or Mini Sport) if its around $2K. But on small orders like this from an individual, I can't say I've ever gotten charged customs duty.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

I bought my HIF44, a manifold and few other bits from the same seller on ebay uk a while back and there was no customs issue....thankfully.

Took a while to get it, but that is because the guy went on vacation the day before the auction ended, who puts stuff up for sale on ebay knowing the auction is going to end the day after you leave for your 1.5 week long vacation? Aside from that it was smooth sailing.

tmsmini

UPS has been notorious for customs fees and broker fees in the past. I sent a photo darkroom item to a person at a school in Canada and the broker fee was double what the item was worth.

Yes, the CAM 6618 manifold makes it easier to fit an HIF 44 to a MK I. Rated highly by Vizard for what ever that is worth...