Spring car detailing time

Started by 94touring, April 26, 2022, 01:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Wanted to show a few items in my arsenal that might be of use to anyone preparing to wash up the cars for spring weather.  Typically after a paint job when I do the buffing after a color sand I'm using an 8 inch pad on a variable speed buffer.  If you aren't familiar with one they can be a handful as well as deliver a lot of damage really quick if you don't know what you're doing.  What I've started doing is using my drill with a 6 inch pad that's much user friendly, isn't loud, and doesn't wear me out holding it with 2 hands.  Not to mention the 6 inch pad is easier to maneuver in tighter spots.  Since it's just detail work it's all the power you really need.  They even offer the pads in the 3 different "compounds"? you'd find on the 8 inch pads.  One for deep cut, medium, and polishing.  Shown here is a medium and polish pad.  I source these at harbor freight.  Also shown is a new wax I've been trying out.  It's ceramic wax and so far I really like this stuff, albeit it's very expensive.