67' MK2 S

Started by G67mcs, February 06, 2020, 08:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G67mcs

I have re-joined the working world which has slowed my mini progress a bit. Before heading back into the office, I performed a little refurb on the 5x10" 100+ wheels that came with the car. I had wanted to remove the 12's and go back to 10's all along and with several nice days remaining before the cold weather it was the perfect opportunity. I did have to purchase a new set of lug nuts with proper taper for the 100+ wheels. Bolted up and mini back on the ground starting to be little more aesthetically pleasing now.
1967 MK2 S
2003 Mini Cooper S
2016 4Runner

94touring

Those look very nice.

LarryLebel

What's that other thing there in the background polluting your garage?

MiniDave

Do they clear the 8.4" brakes? or did you go back to 7.5's?

On the last CMU run I did with my grandson I found out that you can in fact out drive even the "big" brakes. My grandson drove a particularly twisty curvy part of the run, and when we switched I had little to no brakes left! It was a mostly downhill part of the run into Cumberland, so I just took it easy and used the gears, by the time we got down the mountain I had brakes again!

I must be easier on my brakes cause I've never run out of them before, even on track days!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: LarryLebel on December 19, 2020, 09:14:00 AM
What's that other thing there in the background polluting your garage?

Looks just like the one "polluting" my garage.   Larry, please post photos of your non-Mini cars so we can judge them. 

On a different note, I'm also thinking of a switch from 12" wheels on my Mini to 10" ones.   They look good on your car.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Having driven 10,12, and 13s, 10s are my favorite.  Just feels better to me.

MiniDave

I've had 10's and 13"s and I like them both - I like the way the 10's drive, but I like the way the 13's look with the right arches.  The white car has 13X7's which I think are too much.....

It's interesting to me how many people own both a classic and a new MINI.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

Quote from: MiniDave on December 19, 2020, 01:53:08 PM
I've had 10's and 13"s and I like them both - I like the way the 10's drive, but I like the way the 13's look with the right arches.  The white car has 13X7's which I think are too much.....

It's interesting to me how many people own both a classic and a new MINI.

Your car looks good both of them I like the 10's

60 years between my oldest and newest mini.

Oldest has 10" newest has 16" wifes 2013 has 18" factory wheel's on all cars. Back to classics my spi car had 13's with sportpack arches I thought it looked good but I would agree that my 10" cars drive the best.   

G67mcs

Polluting my garage is my 2003 BMW Mini Cooper S which I bought new and still drive daily  4.gif

Dave - my car originally came with 7.5" front disc, so no issues fitting the 10" wheels back on.

Thanks for all the comments folks. I did notice upon lowering it down off the jack stands, the rear is sitting a little higher than I recall previously. It was on stands over the past 10 months though, so perhaps the suspension has not returned to prior state. The wheels do have an improved look to them after paint and polish. I think they're a nice period wheel which are not all that common and really light weight. In addition I've recently sourced a set of steel S wheels to restore for use at as well.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

Garry
1967 MK2 S
2003 Mini Cooper S
2016 4Runner