F1 - 2021

Started by MiniDave, December 01, 2020, 09:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

The fix is in for the Hamster to win yet again!

;D ;D ;D ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Well, in the first of the two races at the Red Bull ring - not-Hamilton on pole yet again. Bought-ass got a penalty so even tho he was faster than the Hamster he will start 5th.

So....

Mad Max
The Hamster
Lando Calrissian
Sergio
The Gas man
Bought-ass
Cher Le Cler
Yuki
Nando
Lance

4 Red bull cars in the top 10 tells me that Honda has got the engines turned up to 11, if they hold up then good for them!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Well, as has become the tradition in F1, the leader pretty much drives away from the rest of the field to get the win unless there's a safety car or rain.

But back in the field there is all sorts of exciting racing - real wheel to wheel stuff and cars charging thru the field to make up a huge deficit.

This year's championship is really starting to shape up - and for a change the Hamster is not in front and going away, someone else is. If they have a similar race next weekend Red Bull will have a distinct advantage over the Benzer boys.

Race margin at the end of the race was significant, even tho the Hamster dove in and got new tires to get the fastest lap.

This makes 4 in a row that Mercedes has NOT won.....a new world record for them, and not a happy one.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

So the FIA is not too happy Max braked at the finish line near his waving team and then peeled out.  Geez. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Really? didn't some of them (Seb? The Haminator?) used to do donuts at several places around the track?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I think the issue was he did that before crossing the finish line, not after like the other guys.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

pbraun

They should get over it and move on!
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified
66 Jaguar XJ13 ( I can wish )

BruceK

McLaren (McLaren?) on the front row!?!?!?   Ahead of both Mercedes!?!?!? 

Just Wow.

Lando Norris is the man.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Lando is really having a breakout year.....and RickyRacer is not.....

and another youngster getting ready to launch a real career trajectory - Russel in 9th in the Williams, ahead of the Ferraris!

Not to mention the two ToroRosso....erm....AlphaTauris in 6th and 7th.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Once more.....with feeling!  ;D

Well, has Red Bull sewed up the championship already? Can Mercedes catch up? There are a lot more races yet to come but given the way Max is running can anyone catch him?

A lot of penalties in this one, but many of them just looked like good ol elbows out racin....

I think the real fight will be for second, McLaren - especially Norris - are really taking it to Mercedes.....if they can get  Danny Ricky Bobby up to the front too things will get interesting towards the end.

So

Bottas 18 sec back, Norris 3 more secs back (after serving a 5 sec penalty), and Lewis 46 sec back of the leaders......

Red Bull 44 pts ahead of Benz at this point

McLaren 101 pts back of Mercedes

Ferrari only 19 pts back of McLaren.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Help please.  My DVR somehow jumbled the middle of the race - glitches in video and audio and perhaps 20 minutes was unwatchable. When it cleared up and became watchable again around lap 60 Lando was ahead by 20+ seconds of Lewis?  What happened? 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Lewis pitted for tires.....

so did Bought-Ass, and with fresh tires they let him past Lewis (!) to go after Lando

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Wow. Thanks.

So Lewis was sent to the hospital for a severely damaged ego?

;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

Quote from: BruceK on July 04, 2021, 02:43:36 PM

:D :D

I am not a follower of F1, but I do read this thread and Bruce's post was just too funny not to respond.  If I had been drinking anything, I think I would have snorted.

MiniDave

Ha!   ;D

He just signed up for another 2 years with Toto, so I would think his ego (and his bank account) are both still intact, however I am curious to see who will be paired with the golden boy next season.....all will be revealed after the summer break.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MPlayle on July 04, 2021, 04:15:16 PM
Quote from: BruceK on July 04, 2021, 02:43:36 PM

:D :D

I am not a follower of F1, but I do read this thread and Bruce's post was just too funny not to respond.  If I had been drinking anything, I think I would have snorted.

4.gif
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Silly season - engage!

Latest rumors.....

Russel is going to replace Bought-Ass at Merc - much to the Hamster's disappointment. I'm sure he liked having someone to fill that number 2 spot whom he didn't have to fight off for wins.

Bought-Ass will replace the Kimster, who will retire - or go back to rallying.....who knows?

Giovanazzi will also be shown the door, to be replaced by Nyck De Vries, the German F "E" champion......Tonio will be retained as third driver and may be enlisted to drive for the Ferrari LeMans Hypercar effort.

Alex Albon (remember him?) will go to Williams to replace Russel - the tallest man in F1! (maybe? I dunno, but he sure didn't fit in the Hamster's car the one time he drove it)

The second driver at Williams will probably still be La Fifi.......so far.

All the rest are already under contract for 2022 so there shouldn't be any other musical seats.....but we'll see.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Russell versus Hamilton should be epic. I fully expect a rivalry like Senna versus Prost, or closer to the mark since they'll be on the same team, one like Alonso versus Hamilton back at McLaren.  Considering how well George did moving into a strange car and driving for Mercedes that one time I believe he will kick Sir Lewis' arse. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Yeah Lewis really hasn't had much competition for a number of years now - and while I appreciate his skills and determination when he gets his teeth into a race most of the time he's just out for a Sunday cruise. It's speculated that not only will Russell give him a run for his money, but will also make him step up his own game a notch or three...... something he hasn't really had to do with Bought-ass.

We'll see if any of this actually happens but with Russell getting ready to move to the big time - Mercedes will either be fighting with him or against him. I would think "with him" would be a better choice for them to make at this point in Lewis' career.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I'm watching FP1 and I sure do like this "new" track.  Last used for F1 36 years ago - just before I became an active fan of F1.  Very old school layout.  Love the banking and the undulating terrain. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Yes! Great track.....I was there years ago and thought it looked more like a go kart track than an F1 venue......this should be an epic race.

Like how the boys in the red cars did in FP2 today.....

Someone is getting rich selling orange smoke flares these days!   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Kimi will miss the race at Zaandvoort, as he has tested positive for Covid, he'll be replaced by Robert Kubica!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Max is P1, but just barely in front of Lewis. Should be a very interesting race.   But based upon the number of crashes in practice and qually, I think there will be a lot of safety cars and/or red flags during the race tomorrow.  A lot.   And not much passing I fear.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Yeah, considering there have been red flags in every session, I wonder how they're going to do that in the race, and how it will impact things.

VERY tight qualifying, in Q1 .6 sec from 1st to like 13th......

One thing's for sure, you have to watch those gravel traps!

What a crazy roller coaster fun track tho, I would love to drive this at speed in a Mini or even a MINI!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on September 04, 2021, 12:59:49 PM
Max is P1, but just barely in front of Lewis. Should be a very interesting race.   But based upon the number of crashes in practice and qually, I think there will be a lot of safety cars and/or red flags during the race tomorrow.  A lot.   And not much passing I fear.

Boy was I wrong!  Completely.  No safety cars.  No red flags.  And barely any yellow flags.   One very small spin from Vettel produced a quick local yellow flag that lasted maybe 15 seconds.   

Max led from lap 1.  The fans could not have been happier.    Lewis just could not catch him.  And Mercedes really liked screwing Bottas over by taking the fastest lap away from him.

And I love me the banking and how different drivers take different high and low positions. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S