HIF throttle cable mount plate

Started by Willie_B, July 29, 2020, 06:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I use a slightly modified BCE.  This chart will show you probably want to start with a BDL, BDK, or BCE.  I had to file the upper stations a little to richen top end.  I use a red spring and 1 washer.

Here is the size washer I use to tweak John.

John Gervais

Did you just lay it in the piston under the spring?  What about the air transfer holes - or is that washer big enough that it rests only on the upper portion of the piston?
- Pave the Bay -

Jimini II

Quote from: cstudep on August 09, 2020, 05:42:51 PM
So if a guy was going to attempt converting a dual carb setup to a single HIF44 what is the recommended setup for a 1275 in a 1960 car? It's running a 266 fast road cam and I would probably run it with a K&N filter.

I have heard that the early Minis have a bigger clearance issue in that the firewall does not have the cut out/dip under the jet area.
On the Later 90s 1275 Minis with HIFs the factory moved the engine forward around 3/4 to 1 inch and used a longer engine steady to get the clearance needed.

94touring

Quote from: John Gervais on August 10, 2020, 04:59:52 PM
Did you just lay it in the piston under the spring?  What about the air transfer holes - or is that washer big enough that it rests only on the upper portion of the piston?

Just rest on the upper portion. 

John Gervais

Cool - I'll look for a larger washer!
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

Quote from: John Gervais on August 10, 2020, 06:38:51 PM
Cool - I'll look for a larger washer!

I took my carb piston into the hardware store and matched up the washer.  It's a perfect fit.  Granted this is very OCD type tuning, but little tweaks can make some significant improvements.  Without a wideband you're really just guessing and going by seat of the pants feel.  Wouldn't be worth the time.   

cstudep

Excellent thanks for the information. I have been looking at various wideband sensors and gauges, is there a particular one that you prefer? I see some complaints about some of them being a bit fragile with the sensor contaminating easily.

94touring

I have a couple different one's I use and they're all about the same.  Very rarely have a sensor go bad.  Fail about as much as your standard 02 sensor.