1966 Morris Traveller Woody

Started by fattogatto, January 14, 2020, 08:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fattogatto

1966 Morris Traveller Woody for sale in Tennessee.

This 1966 Morris Minor Traveller (VIN MAW4842700)  was imported to Canada as a right-hand-drive model and underwent conversion to left-hand-drive configuration.  It passed through several hands until being purchased by fatto gatto racing in April of 2017.  Originally fitted with an 850cc engine and "magic wand" gearbox, a 1275cc engine (the engine was built by Dean Snepenger of Littleton, Colorado)   
and remote shift gearbox were installed by a previous owner.  Over the last three years it has undergone the major renovations and improvements listed here.

New floors installed - full factory floors were welded in with repairs to all wheel wells where needed.  Floors primered and painted inside, undercoated outside.
Fuel tank was boiled and sealed
New rear shock absorbers
New front shock absorbers
New front bumper
New front brake calipers
New brake master cylinder
New clutch master cylinder
New stainless steel master cylinder lines (brake and clutch)
New engine stabilizers (left and right)
New carpet
New headliner
New shift boot
New parking brake boot
New horn
New seat belts
New fuel filter
New rear door seals
New main door seals
New rear door hinges
New oil pressure light switch
New thermostat
New spark plugs
New points and condenser
New clutch assembly and throw-out bearing
New rear wheel cylinders
New fuel float/sender
New front parking lights
New turn-signal mechanism
New left and right door stays
Master kill switch installed
Pedal box replaced
Rebuilt wiper motor
Yokohama A008 tires with approximately 500 miles
Refinished Cosmic mag wheels
​New exterior wood
Rokee dash
top painted matching green
wing mirrors removed (but available for remounting)

Price - FOB Moscow, TN (35 miles east of Memphis) - $15,500

Pictures may be seen here.  Scroll down on home page.  http://fattogatto.com/

email fattogatto@msn.com or call 901.755.6272

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

LarryLebel

MiniDave

Yeah, I don't care for the black roof either, but that's pretty easy to fix.

I sure liked seeing the Shadow race cars on the website tho!  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Sorry, but I always get a kick out of trivial and routine service items being listed as part of a so-called 'major renovation'.
- Pave the Bay -

Jimini II

Looks like the one that was on BaT a while ago and did not meet its reserve.
The wagons lately have not been doing the big numbers they were doing a year or so ago.

LarryLebel

BTW it's Traveller, not traveler.

fattogatto

To answer the questions.

No, there is no back seat.  The wooden bed will fold up and a back seat could be made.

Yes, this was on BAT a while ago and did not make reserve.

I am so sorry that some find the black roof "hideous."  I would suggest that it is easy to paint the roof or wrap it in another color.  The same comments apply to those who feel the wheels are also "hideous."

As far as normal maintenance items being listed, that is a method to show the maintenance of the car has been kept up.  Again, my abject apologies if some are offended.

MiniDave

No reason to apologize, everyone has their own tastes.....the car is still a nice little wagon. I wonder if you can find a back seat for it? I see requests for them on TMF all the time too.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

fattogatto

This car is back on the market, this time with a solid green roof and the fender mirrors removed (although still available).  Price is $15,500.  It will go on BAT early next week.  Pictures may be seen at http://fattogatto.com

MiniDave

Hey good luck on the BaT listing, Minis have been doing pretty well there lately......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Quote from: fattogatto on July 23, 2020, 03:08:47 PM
This car is back on the market, this time with a solid green roof and the fender mirrors removed (although still available).  Price is $15,500.  It will go on BAT early next week.  Pictures may be seen at http://fattogatto.com

Smart move did you change the wheel color too?
That's interesting I thought that BaT would not take a 2nd listing on a car unless it was with a different owner.
Good luck with the sale.

fattogatto

NO, I did not change the wheel color.  It's an easy thing to do for a couple of hundred dollars if the buyer just has to have silver wheels.  I happen to think these wheels match the wood quite nicely.

Jimini II

I am not ragging on the wheel color it's an easy fix just like the roof color and neither one would have bothered me if I was a buyer but other buyers may or do object.
As the roof and wheel color were the biggest negative comments I just thought it would have been a good idea to take care of them both while you were taking care of the roof.
I have learnt when selling a car get rid of anything you can afford to that has a negative affect on the sale as it gives the buyer less to complain about.
Just my 02 cents good luck with the sale.

fattogatto

Pictures added to original post.

BruceK

A long list of lotsa new stuff and a reasonable price IMO.  Good luck with the sale!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Did it ever go on BAT?  I had a guy call me looking for a wagon/traveler a month or so ago and I sent him info and links to this car but he apparently wasn't interested.

Jimini II

Quote from: 94touring on August 04, 2020, 06:11:43 PM
Did it ever go on BAT?  I had a guy call me looking for a wagon/traveler a month or so ago and I sent him info and links to this car but he apparently wasn't interested.

It is my understanding that if a car runs for the full BaT auction and does not meet reserve the same owner cannot re list it.
It is re listed on Mini Mania.

fattogatto

I have not tried to relist it on BAT yet.  That policy does not appear on their site.  I would find that a foolish policy as it throws away an instant $99 and precludes any possibility of further income.

I have had a couple of inquiries and I am waiting to hear back.

MiniDave

I don't think BaT would care, my understanding is the number of potential inquiries far exceeds what they can sell each week......

Good luck with the sale tho!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

fattogatto

That's interesting.  The web shows they have 22 full time employees.  Their sales data has been showing a higher percentage of sales versus not making reserve than before all this craziness.

fattogatto