MINI DIY Supercharged w/Holley Sniper EFI

Started by tmsmini, April 24, 2020, 09:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Quote from: tmsmini on July 29, 2022, 03:06:35 PM
Another option

https://store.classicminidiy.com/products/efi-throttle-body-hif44-replacement

Ok so I bought one!  There's some other less expensive ecu's that are an option.  Will post up details later.  Having him send a turbo and NA flange for it.

tmsmini

Alright another into the fray...
I was going to say I have an SC 50 mm TB, if anyone wants to experiment. It has been used, but in good shape.
I should make a list of ECUs as there are many more to choose from:
Emerald
Canems
Mega/Microsquirt
SC
Haltech

and?

94touring

Microsquirt from what I've been reading might be the way I go. It's simple, cost a few hundred bucks, and I can just retain my current ignition setup. 

tmsmini

There is also tremendous support for Mega/Microsquirt on the forums and many independent vendors support their own iterations of the ECU.

That was the direction I was heading until someone told me the SC unit was a complete system and "bolt-on."
I still have a Microsquirt that I still plan to install on a test engine, but it has been a few years and I am not sure which version it is now.
Time to get a move on!

94touring

I downloaded the hardware manual and another manual on the tuner studio software. About 355 pages to go through. Although most of it I won't be using.

Shrimps

Just read through this (old) thread and figured I'll add this YouTube comment I saw April 2020 about the Sniper system.

I don't know the person with the MG nor anything about his setup, but wondered what he used for intake.  I assumed Weber but there are likely more options for longitudinally mounted engine in MG's.  Thought it was interesting none the less.

tmsmini

Cole went in another direction completely and it seems to be running well. I have not checked in lately though...