Careful who you hitch your trailer to

Started by 94touring, September 19, 2019, 04:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

My sister has been dating a guy for about a year and a half.  I've met him a couple times, didn't spend enough time to get to know him too well.  Apparently over the past few months he's been going downhill in the mental stability department.  Also come to find out he's been physically abusive in their relationship. Well two nights ago they got into a fight, she tried to get away in her car, and he opened fire on her.  Got her once in the chest, another almost got her in the head.  She ran him partially over in the car he was shooting up as she tried to get away.  Drove herself to a gas station and got help.  Longer story short she lived and is pretty stable.  He's in jail on no bond.  Lost half a lung, broke some ribs, and has been in a few surgeries the past couple days. Missed her heart by an inch they said.  Visited with her yesterday and she's pretty alert all things considered.  Baby sitting her daughter today.

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

I am as shocked as Dave.  I hope she recovers well.  Look out for the daughter and give her lots of support as well.

94touring

Her daughter is 8 and just thinks her mom is sick in the hospital. 

MiniDave

She's a real cutie too, looks like she's dealing with it OK. I take it she wasn't home when it happened?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

Holy shit I am sorry to hear this.

I can't understand why this happens. Don't know what else to say.

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on September 19, 2019, 08:55:54 PM
She's a real cutie too, looks like she's dealing with it OK. I take it she wasn't home when it happened?

She was at my mother's house at the time luckily.

tsumini

Wow! That realy sucks.  Best of luck dealing with it.

BruceK

Wow. That is shocking.   I'm so sorry that happened to her and to you family too.   I hope she recovers soon and her daughter is not scarred by this.    And I hope you and Jen are doing okay as well. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

They moved her out of ICU today.  Waiting for her lung to fill up before removing tubes and sending her home.  She was in a lot of pain today.

BruceK

Discharging already?  That's very encouraging.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

She was up for the first time and using a walker but got dizzy and had to lay back down.  So doing good really.  Pain management is the biggest thing right now.  They say once the tubes are out she'll feel much better.

MiniDave

Really good news.

What's happened to the shooter?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

He's set for initial trial hearing the beginning of October it sounds like.  I will give updates.

MiniDave

But they'll keep him locked down tight till then?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

No getting out for him till the end of however long a trial goes on for.  At which point I'd suspect he is sentenced for attempted murder and sent to prison.  We shall see.

Jimini II

Wow I just read this, I hope your Sister makes a full recovery.

94touring

Latest is someone on his side has called the detectives pretending to be my mother.  Perhaps his mother who keeps trying to reach out to my mother.  They've implemented passcodes to have communication to the detectives now.  There were already only a few of us with access to my sisters location at the hospital.  You could call every hospital in the city and they'd just say she wasn't there. 

MPlayle

Time for a TRO against his whole family?

94touring

jeff10049

94touring

Pretty much back to normal although the rib causes pain and discomfort.  She's coming to an annual Halloween party with us next week so she's healthy enough to get out of the house.