My phone died

Started by 94touring, March 10, 2019, 10:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

To the few of you that text me, my phone bit it and it will be a few days before I'm able to fix it.  I can't access my email without it either.

MiniDave

Yikes! How will you get by till you get the new one? Buy one of those disposables?

(Serious question, like Don and probably Jim too, some people live out of their phone - it's their business as well as personal connection to the world!)
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Well it feels like I'm not wearing pants in public since I live off my phone.  I'm in St. Louis doing airline training and unable to get the screen fixed while I'm here.  One should be home when I get back.  I have my work iPad to be able to get online to do certain things I need to do...like list myself on a flight home.  I can't log into my email from other devices because it sends a verification to my phone.  Which means I can't email Jen to say why I'm unresponsive.  Of course I don't have her number memorized.

gr8kornholio

The Wife's number is the 1 number I have memorized, even over my own number.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

I can send her an email for you, PM me her email addy

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Sent her a message on Facebook, then I created a new email address in the meantime. I had to ask her what her address was too lol.  Things I never think about.

MiniDave

Yeah, most of us can't remember a phone number or email address anymore - it's all in our phones or computers.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Quote from: MiniDave on March 11, 2019, 07:52:20 AM
Yikes! How will you get by till you get the new one? Buy one of those disposables?

(Serious question, like Don and probably Jim too, some people live out of their phone - it's their business as well as personal connection to the world!)

2 Phones.   77.gif

I have a business phone number and another phone with a Friends and Family phone number. Maybe 10 people have that number.

The Business phone gets turned off at night and on weekends.

I am about to move the business phone off of my current plan and over to another carrier, just in case type of thing.  Like a cel network goes down of I am traveling and my Tmobile will not work where I am, I am swapping the business phone over to Verizon where I just opened a commercial account for my GPS Aircard.

Yes, I lean on my phones heavy during the week, so I have a bit of redundancy.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on March 10, 2019, 10:54:43 PM
To the few of you that text me, my phone bit it and it will be a few days before I'm able to fix it.  I can't access my email without it either.

I need t get busy sending pictures to you so you have a treat when you get your phone back up.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Second phone removed from Tmobile and put on Verizon, I now have a S9 that replaced my S7 Active. Not happy about the Active line being phased out. So I have an Otter Box type of case on it.

Prefer an Active phone.  Damn you Samsung.

At one point today my wifi hotspot was acting up, I did not have time nor patience, so I yanked it out and turned on my Hotspot on my Tmobile phone and continued on working.

I need a cel signal for my GPS to get Base station data every 30 seconds.  I used more data than I thought I would, 15 days into the month I used 1.5 GB of data on my wifi stick. That concerned me so I upped my dats to 20 GB a month just in case.