Partially back up

Started by 94touring, March 03, 2010, 07:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I'm really busy the next day or so, so I have the forum up for you to talk amongst yourselves.  Needless to say two months of backup files were corrupt, but I was able to get things fixed up untill last week after many hours of hard work.  Don't think I can get the avatars back, but I do have all the photos in the gallery ready to go back in.   

MPlayle

Dan,

Sorry to hear things took such a bad dump.  Take your time getting everything back as much as you can.  We will all be patient and sympathize.

Michael Playle

94touring

Yeah after researching about the problems I was having, apparantly the forum software update conflicted with many of the forum features that are added or were added on in the past.  Thats why I kept finding error codes on my admin side.  So when I went to resolve the problem it pretty much snow balled out of control untill I had to reformat the whole forum.  Then I found out my backup files all had corrupted lines in the SQL files.  It was fun figuring out how to fix that.  Eventually I learned how to restore history in godaddy and use the phpmyadmin to sift through 8000 lines of code in the SQL files.  I felt pretty lucky to get back 99% of everything and fix the bugs that conflicted with the forum addons.  From what I was reading if you do a full restore like I did, attachments and avatars are toast, BUT at least those aren't that important.

94touring

Well that about does it.  I gotta redo all my smileys and import I think 6 gallery folders but thats pretty easy with the updated gallery software luckily.  For some reason the backup put all but 6 folders back in there but they are in my ftp server so thats good.  "Aeva SMF Media" caused soooo many headaches trying to restore backup files.  Wish they would have fixed all those problems before releasing the update.     

Holy cow, sounds like a mess! I was wondering what the heck was going on yesterday, I came early in the morning and the maintenance page wasn't even there, just gave me some error screen. I was like 'OMG WTF BBQ!?!', but then I came back later and saw you were working on it. Good luck!  :P

94touring

I like the new avatar, lol. 

When you came on and looked at the error screen I was probably on hour 14 of trying to fix the damn thing.  Eventually I fell asleep at the computer. 

94touring

Sweet, got the attachments back!  I killed avatars in the process though, lol.   

94touring

gasmini

Did you get a message in your "my messages" BCC (before computer crash) saying that you are no longer champion of Blowup Arcade? I know I beat you real good BCC but when I logged back on the next time that was when I found out that you were having problems with the forum. Here is for my high score that never came back. :P

94touring

LOL, I did see that.  In fact I was going to post it was a plot to regain high score in blowup arcade.   :D

94touring